All reviewsmalibu farmeden roczen suitebar cartdirector of operationsin room diningroom servicebeach stafffive star hotelrain showerevery requestguest servicesmini barfantastic staylittle thingswe've stayedocean view
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Last week my family and I stayed at the Nobu Hotel in Miami for one week during Spring break. The hotel exudes a peaceful yet elegant attitude that is evident from the lobby to the pool area and also in both restaurants, Nobu and Malibu Farm.
Upon checking in at the reception we were received well by David at the reception. He speedily checked us in and was so cheerful and accommodated us with every request. The room was awesome - decorated beautifully including all the amenities you would expect in a five star hotel.
Edwin at the front door magically asked to help us before we even approached him for help. Truly a star employee just like David.
Everyone including the housekeepers were always greeting us with a smile and fulfilling our needs during the entire stay. We will definitely be back!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Vasilios K
omalik2016, Manager at Nobu Hotel Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Vasilios,

We're very happy to hear that you and your family had a great experience staying with us at Nobu Hotel Miami Beach! Thank you for sharing your kind review of our staff. We will be sure to let them know of your shoutouts, they will be pleased.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Our stay at the Nobu/ Eden Roc was extra special because of the exemplary professionalism and friendly manner of Joseph the Beach manager and Kassandra the supervisor. They know how to put the “V” in Vacation splendor.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Michael,

Thank you for staying with us at Nobu Hotel Miami Beach and sharing your kind review. We will be sure to let our staff know about your experience, they will be delighted.

We look forward to hosting you again very soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

After staying with the Nobu Hotel with my fiancé last year and loving our experience, there was no question that for our Miami trip this year - the only hotel we wanted to give our business to was Nobu. However, we are SHOCKED and APPALLED with how much has changed in the course of 1 year.

From Check in to the lack of service or even the effort to care for hotel guests is so very disappointing. Our flight landed in Miami at 9:30 am. Most hotels don't have check in until 4:00 pm. Even with putting in a request the room was not ready, however this was understandable and we were happy to wait. We booked a deluxe ocean front king bed suite. We changed quick in the spa, locked up our luggage in the spa and went to the beach. After 4 hours our room was finally ready. We lugged our luggage again from the spa to our new room (keep in mind, nobody ever asked if we needed any help with our luggage). We are "do it yourself" kind of people anyways, however it would have been nice to ask.

CON: CHECK - IN

We finally check into our room and the entire room smells like smoke. This is strange because there is a non smoking policy in the hotel, therefore the guest before us was smoking. We do not smoke and the smell gave us a headache. When we spoke to the girl at front desk about it she told us she will try to get the smoke smell out as another room will not be available until 5:00 pm. She suggested that house keeping will simply "spray" the room. Is that what Nobu luxury is about? The smell of smoke was in the bedsheets, the pillows, the towels. Im not sure how housekeeping could have magically sprayed to make it better.

Paying close to $800 USD per night for this room, i don't deserve a "spray", i deserve a room that has been properly cleaned, aired out and doesn't smell like smoke. Well, since we had waited for 4 hours already we didn't mind waiting some more for a proper room with no smoke smell. At 5:00 pm we went to front desk to find out that the girl's shift was over and now there was a man working there named Hoyt. Hoyt informed us that there are actually no other oceanfront rooms available in the hotel although we were promised one and that the girl basically knew her shift would be over in a few hours so just told us what we wanted to hear. After some back and forth he was very good a helping us out and getting another room which we had to wait for again.

It is now 5:00 pm.. we had been lugging around our luggage all day now. To compensate for the inconvenience and for the lack of service they gave us $200 resort credit, which was nice. We were ready to forget about this situation and just enjoy the rest of the trip.

CON - HOUSEKEEPING

First night we ordered room service. In the morning we asked to have our room cleaned as we stepped out for the day. After the whole day We came back to the bed made BUT no fresh towels, and our room service dirty dishes still sitting in the room... it had been sitting there for 12 hours now. After calling front desk they sent someone up in the middle of the night to take the dishes.

The second day as we stepped out of our room in the morning I saw the cleaning lady and asked if she could clean our room. She was at the end of the hall. She said she already passed my room and actually rolled her eyes before she sighed heavily and said "okay fine". At this point I'm not surprised as most of the hotel staff is extremely rude. On the Last night of this trip, we come back after the whole day to find our room not cleaned again so on the last night before check out we didn't sleep in a clean room. Again no towels, no water bottles.

CON - RUDE STAFF

After the first 2 nights, i thought on my last night I should make a special request for turn down service with front desk. The girl working was Denise. She said she will put in a request which I'm sure never happened because when we got back to our room it wasn't clean. When i called front desk back for fresh towels and to mention that the room did not get cleaned again, Denise was so rude and short with us. She barely apologized and was not interested in putting in any effort to sympathize with the situation or offer any help, instead she hung up on me once i asked for towels and water.

CON - BEACH

The beach is very overcrowded now and very unorganized. The waiters are mostly unhappy and not helpful in taking orders. Food arrives 1 hour later, its better to just eat by the pool. Drinks take an hour most times and if you are lucky 45 mins. If you are going to order and wait, I suggest ordering everything at once because chances are if you order again it will be hours before you leave.

The only reason I'm giving this stay at Nobu 2 stars is because the resort credit was a nice gesture, Hoyt was still helpful in finding us a room, Sam at guest services was also very helpful and the ONLY person to ask and assist with our luggage when we finally got our room.

As for Front desk, I'm just truly disappointed as this is a beautiful property that has a lot of potential if it were just managed better. I myself have worked in the hospitality and customer service industry in the past. The amount of professionalism, effort and ethics you display, the more likely you will have a returning customer. Nobu lacks this. The thing is, this is their job. It is their job to hold their hotel's brand to the highest standard. It is their job to care. This is what they get paid to do.. literally, to just be hospitable. Just like i get paid to do my job, i can't be rude and roll my eyes, lie,show attitude and not care because then my clients will never return to me for more business. The same rules apply.

Nobu itself is a highly reputable brand and a luxurious one too, therefore it taints the Nobu name when guests are provided with 2-star service at a 5 star hotel. I can not recommend to any of my family or friends to stay here or return because its is just NOT worth paying a good chunk of money to stay here and to be treated like this.

CONCLUSION- NOBU NEEDS BETTER MANAGEMENT, BETTER STAFF TRAINING AND AN EFFORT TO ENSURE GUESTS COME BACK.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BibiH93

Dear BibiH93,

We regret that you left Nobu Hotel Miami Beach feeling dissatisfied. We sincerely apologize and hope that you will allow us to address the issues you mentioned immediately. We appreciate your feedback as we always try to provide our guests with exceptional service to achieve their satisfaction so it's important for us to know when this isn't so. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss the details of your stay personally by contacting me directly at omalik@nobuedenroc.com

We hope you’ll give us the honor of hosting you a second time so we can change your perception.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

As a frequent traveller that enjoys nice hotels and thought I did my research before booking this one through Magellan Luxury Hotels , I was shocked at the service and lack of respect for guests . The hotel had a very large group booking (600?) for Passover during our entire 4 night stay . Pools were over packed , banquet tables set up in common areas , gym packed and worst of all the beach was segregated off . Regular guests were directed down the beach where they pulled out some old beach chairs from the 80’s and crammed you in with locals who could rent chairs and umbrellas . Coolers , crying babies and stereos is not what I call a 5 star experience . I really felt sorry for the beach staff and must add they handled themselves very well (especially the woman in charge on Sat 31st) despite being stressed .
Worst experience was the treatment we received from the Nobu hostess . After making a reservation by phone two weeks prior , they could not find our 9:30pm booking . She said we are fully committed and basically acted like we were liars . Already had spent three hundred dollars at bar the night before and have two rooms for four nights and that’s how you treat your guests ??? She should be fired ! Fourth attempt , the manager was pleasant and sat us immediately in lounge area . I will never step foot in another Nobu because of the one hostess .
Other issues included booking 2 view rooms and being told they weren’t available ( no price adjustment) and calling 4 times for a foam pillow and never receiving .
Rooms are nicely renovated . That’s all I can credit hotel for .
Definitely a management issue with this hotel . If you our accepting large bookings you must accommodate your other guests who have chosen to spend their money with you . Completely unacceptable . Do not stay here .
I suggest the Hotel 1 or the Edition. Definitely eat at Byblos , Cecconi’s for brunch and Habitat for breakfast . All places that have great friendly service and make you feel like you want to pay for what you got .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank frequenttraveler2616
omalik2016, Manager at Nobu Hotel Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Frequenttraveler2616,

We regret that you left Nobu Hotel Miami Beach feeling dissatisfied. We sincerely apologize and hope that you will allow us to speak to you to address the issues you mentioned immediately. We'd like to welcome you the opportunity to speak to me personally at omalik@nobuedenroc.com to further discuss your experience.

We hope you'll give us the honor of hosting you a second time so we can change your perception.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Nobu Hotel is stylish & has tastefully renovated rooms, We stayed in a room with balcony and ocean view; large bath and living room; state-of-the-art media equipment and lightning; the air conditioning is quite silent; Nespresso machine; minibar fully equipped.

The Nobu restaurant has a very creative Japanese cuisine, you must try it!

There is an excellent fitness center with ocean view; group fitness classes along with bicycles that can be rented complimentary (if available: first come, first serve) and there is a Live DJ/music at pool area during weekend.

Special thank to our man Raoul in reservations who upgraded us and included breakfast as well! He was extremely patient as we originally debating as to which hotel to stay at - he sorted it out for us and was a true professional throughout!

Also must thank Shireen the VIP manager who made sure our stay was wonderful - which it was. Every morning we could count on being greeted by her as we made our way to the pools.

The only reason the hotel is not getting 5 stars is because the hotel pool is not open yet (they are waiting I think for permits and such) but Raul had informed us of this and we did have another 3 pools in which to choose from plus the ocean!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
omalik2016, Manager at Nobu Hotel Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Iamian111,

Thank you for your review and staying with us at Nobu Hotel Miami Beach! We're very happy to hear about your stay and amazing experience you had with us. We will also be sure to share your kind comments with our staff, they will be delighted.

We hope to welcome you again very soon!