“Great hotel”

National Hotel Miami Beach
Ranked #39 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Great hotel, great service, great pool, great location, fair price, good bar, good restaurant, great for business or leisure, but the best atribute is the over friendly, helpful, and over all great staff and workers. I highly recomend the hotel if you are visiting Miami.

Stayed: May 2015
1  Thank Ronald R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,430)

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

I would like to Thank the National Hotel staff for a perfect stay... Special Thanks to Patrick at the front desk.. You made my stay so joyable!!! Thanks to the concierge for booking our day trip to the Bahamas!!
An extra Thanks to the beach staff.. Love my daily cabana at the beach, so relaxing!!! Until next year..... Thanks a million... Thanks National Hotel Miami Beach!!!!

Kimberlyn and Tony Brown

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Renee B
Reviewed 27 May 2015

Best thing about this hotel is the location, it is right in the middle of the lively part of Collins Ave (very close to the lively Lincoln Rd), and is literally on the beach. There is an exit at the rear of the hotel pool through which guests can access the beach. The hotel also has loungers on the beach for use by guests (although there was a charge if wanting to use the umbrellas).

We got a 2 double-bed room - the rooms are a little on the small side and note the beds are doubles not queens, so only suitable for 2 guests, which I believe is noted on most booking websites that the rate is for 2 guests.

WiFi is free in the hotel which is a big plus. The hotel has valet service for a fee, although we found that there is a very decent amount of street parking on 17th Street which is right by the hotel. If flying in there is really no need to have a car; there are a number of car rental locations around on South Beach if wanting to rent a car later on.

Overall this hotel is very good value given the excellent location.

Room Tip: If opting for a ocean-view room, ask for a high floor!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank CityLiving90
Reviewed 26 May 2015

I recently stayed at the National Hotel in South Beach Miami and at first glance was looking forward to staying at this location simply because it was the host hotel for the AquaGirl event I was taking a part of. Upon check in, there was a bit of confusion with the initial reservation and request for adjoining rooms that my sister placed back in February. While we were allowed to check in early to one of the rooms, the lack of customer service that proceeded the remaining of our stay tainted the whole experience. Between the person who initially placed the reservation having the entire stay charged to their card by the second of the six days we were there to a male security guard keying himself into my sister's room while her and another female guest were sleeping at 7:30am demanding their bill be paid off, the whole experience left a very sour taste in all of our mouths to say the least.

Ana at the front desk seemed to be the only competent person we came across.

It is a shame that all these series of unfortunate events occurred as I was so looking forward to a wonderful stay given this is my sixth time visiting South Beach in the past five years.

I can speak very candidly about the lack of customer service and sense of empathy due to the fact that I am currently working in the customer service industry for well over 15 years currently employed by a Fortune 500 company for the past 9 years.

In the future, I will recommend all my family and friends not to stay at this location and to source out neighboring hotels with better customer service reviews.

I hope that this message reaches the appropriate channels that can effect positive change for the sake of your business and those customers that dare take the chance of staying at this establishment in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

My husband and I absolutely loved this hotel. The hotel was originally built in the 1930s so it had so much charm and character. We were upgraded to an ocean view and our view was amazing. The room was clean and we loved how it was decorated. Only downfall was the bathroom was small but that was expected since it's an older hotel and it really didn't bother us. The hotel lobby smelled so good and the lounge area was a great place to have a drink. The service from the front desk and bellboys were great! If you want a hotel with some charm and great service, this place is perfect.

Stayed: May 2015