“Way too noisy in book next to reception” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kent Hotel

The Kent Hotel
Ranked #129 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Way too noisy in book next to reception”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Arrived late at night for our first night and was put into only available room left, which was right next to reception on ground floor. Was REALLY noisy all through the night and in the morning with people coming and going. Couldn't sleep well.

Had to put up with it again the second night and was only moved to quiet room on a higher floor on our third night.

Didn't get very good sleep due to the noise.

Room Tip: Don't get there so late as you may be given a really noisy room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Linda, I'm so sorry to hear you did not get too much sleep your first two nights, we try our best to ask guests to not make too much noise at night, especially in the lobby so that guests could get a good night's sleep, if you ever visit us again put in a request to get a room in the back of the hotel so that you don't have to deal with this issue, most days you won't have this problem at all regardless of the room you have, but anytime there is a rowdy crowd on site this can happen.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

My friends and I stayed at this hotel April 26-29th. It was a good time for the most part. When we arrived at the Kent we were originally quoted one price and were given a much higher one when we arrived. Chris was at the front counter and he wasn't very helpful. He had a major attitude and on top of that in the middle of conversation he told me to hold on so he could go retrieve his lunch. The issue was finally solved by the hotel manager and he was such a nice, friendly person. Jose and Francois were great staff as well. Very nice, very friendly, very helpful and just all around pleasant people. Now this Chris guy; my friends and I were trying to decide the whole time whether he was an a-hole or just sarcastically humorous. He was an a-hole. My suggestion is moving him to the overnight shift where he doesn't have to deal with a lot of people. Not a very good welcome person. Other then that the hotel is average but a good stay especially if you are young and ready to have a good time. They give you a hookup in the rooms to play music ( and not cheap hookups either) also a refrigerator. The locations is seconds away from Ocean Drive, which made it even more amazing. As well the final price wasn't bad either. Stay here :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelJunkie729
zero11382, General Manager at The Kent Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Guest, I'm sorry about the lack of customer service you received upon arrival, we will be speaking to staff members to properly correct this, we are glad to hear that despite that, you still enjoyed your stay at our establishment.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

I've been to Miami south beach three times. Each time staying at a different hotel. And I have never been so pleased as I was with The Kent. The hotel is clean and stylish. It is centrally located with a Miami feel. But the best part of my stay was the staff! They went above and beyond to help me find my lost ID, allowed me an extremely late check out, dealt with my numerous faxes and were overall kind, funny and sweet! Thanks Christian & Francois you two are the best

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank 661loves504
zero11382, Director of Sales at The Kent Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Thank you for the great review, glad to hear that our staff members made your stay a memorable one!
Hermosa Beach, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Great location, near to the beach and Espanola Way. Good conciege was very helpful. Housekeeping service was haphazard at best, but the bed and towels were clean. If you want a smoking room, be sure to take your own ashtray (the hotel has smoking rooms but does not supply ashtrays.)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, thank you for the positive review, I would just like to mention that the hotel does carry ash trays and should any guest need one we would be more than happy to provide one, I'm not sure what occurred during your stay to make you think we did not carry them, but we apologize for any inconvenience it might have caused.
Lindenhurst, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

A few of us took my cousin for her birthday to Miami for the weekend back in December. We couldn't have asked for a better hotel. The price was right up our alley and the location was great. Walking distance to a lot of great places including the beach. I had read a couple of reviews that mentioned Francois and I must say, he lived up to all the great things I read! He helped us organize nights out that left us with nothing much to do except have a great time. The hotel was very accomodating and the staff was fantastic. We loved it so much that now we're going back this weekend for my own birthday!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MandersNY
Thank you for the wonderful review!