2,508 results
All reviews william walker driftwood room avocado toast pool area south beach pool service mini bar resort fee pool party beautiful hotel junior suite an umbrella amazing service special thanks nice pool beach staff beach access
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is not 5 star hotel!
Pros: excellent location, comfy beds, beach
Cons: awful front desk staff, dirty, smell (while moving in, hairs in the sink; paper and plastic pieces on the floor; strong smell of chlorine), lack of sound isolation between rooms so you can hear every single word and action from neighbors, no privacy at all.

The worst experience during our 2,5 week vacation to Florida.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Ninatark
stevenhP6067HR, General Manager at Nautilus – a SIXTY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Ninatark,

When I read reviews such as yours it weighs heavy on my heart. All of us know how hard it can be to get away and take time to relax and recharge. This is why we work tirelessly to ensure our guest have a great experience while staying with us. I am truly sorry we didn't achieve that for you. I can assure you we will take steps to make improvements and if I can do anything further to help turn this around for you, please reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My husband and I stayed here one night before heading to another part of South FL for a business trip. We LOVED it. No compliants at all. The lobby smells wonderful. The bar is cool (nice bartender and one of the only servers in Miami who has ever advised us that an 18% tip is included in the bill - which we appreciated). Room is on the smaller side but modern and well appointed. Valets brought the car quickly (we would call 5 mins before leaving the room). Had the breakfast buffet and it was lovely. Made to order omelets; gluten free bread option, and lots of fresh fruit. Great location with plenty of places to walk to for shopping, lunch, dinner, drinks. We will definitely stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
stevenhP6067HR, General Manager at Nautilus – a SIXTY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Karin B,

Well thank you for the great review of your time at Nautilus South Beach and I'm truly happy to hear our team created a great stay. I am hear to help you plan your next journey when you are ready to come back and we look forward to be of service.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I stayed here for a girls weekend recently. It happened to be Miami Music Week so things were busy.

Pros: Hip ambiance, great location, pool & beach
Cons: (for us) Families everywhere, if you're looking to party it's not the right scene. They nickel and dime you for everything - want an umbrella at the beach? $19. A 3rd beach chair? $13. Cup of coffee at the pool? $8. That's all on top of the $30 a day resort fee you're already paying. They don't even give you carafes of water at the beach. Service at the restaurant was pretty slow and scattered, it really depended on who you got as a server. The elevator broke a few times during our stay and people were mad about having to go up and down the stairs for several hours. Our room had a leaky shower. The concierge was completely lackluster about helping plan dinners, literally just handed us a sheet with restaurants on it.

This hotel is truly "meh". Not as scene-y as a place like Delano, and not as service-oriented as the W.

We got attentive service at the pool, and the drinks were nice. Honestly, if it wasn't for the pool service I would've rated the hotel lower.

As for the management of the hotel itself, something which I really disliked is that they aggressively push employees to get good TripAdvisor reviews. We kept getting handed TripAdvisor cards with people's names asking for positive reviews, making it look like their jobs depended on it. I'm not sure if TripAdvisor endorses this practice, but after my stay I felt like the TripAdvisor reviews of this hotel were inflated and misleading due to this practice.

We ran out of toilet paper and called the desk asking for more, the person who delivered it immediately handed us a TripAdvisor card asking for a review. Um, what?

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Elana G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and feedback. I am truly sorry you did not leave our hotel feeling 100% blown away with your experience. We all work very hard to create amazing experiences for our guests and it saddens me we fell short. I promise to share your feedback with our team and look at ways in which we can be better. If I can be of furrer assistance in anyway please let me know.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely two night stay at the Nautalis in Miami Beach. The hotel has a lovely decor, clean, efficient and well staffed. It’s has a really nice pool and easy access to a lovely part of Miami Beach.

The staff were fantastic across all areas of the hotel and looked after us whenever we needed anything. Some shout outs to the following guys who really made our stay special :

Veda, Nicole and Ebeneezer at the restaurant who were so nice to talk to and couldn’t be more helpful and friendly.

Omar and Jordan at the pool bar who make a great rum punch!!

All of the guys who work the pool area - you guys all do a fantastic job!

And Alison on the front desk - first person we saw and really set the standards.

Thanks guys and hope to see you all again next year!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear markpreece958,

A fantastic staff is what it is all about. A gorgeous hotel helps as well but, our team is what truly makes it all come to life. I will personally share your kind words with our Nautilus South Beach team and know it will make their day. I am so happy to read you had a great stay and we hope to be of service again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Nautilus is a stylish art deco hotel in prime position on South Beach. The pool area is a particular highlight and is the perfect place to spend a day relaxing in the sun.

The room was well designed and had a side sea view. The bathroom although small was well equipped. However, the water temperature of the shower was temperamental - meaning there was occasionally a wait for hot water.

The Lobby Bar is a relaxing place to enjoy a drink in the evening and does a great happy hour. We also enjoyed the Brunch Buffet on Sunday with a brilliant live band.

The hotel offers bikes to explore the local area - we took advantage of these quite a few times over our stay.

Finally, the staff throughout the hotel are first class and very friendly.

Overall The Nautilus ticks all of the boxes for a great stay.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Matthew D,

What a pleasure it is to read your review of Nautilus South Beach. It makes me want to take a vacation in my own hotel! I am truly pleased that our team and property served as the perfect place from which to enjoy our great island. Please know you have found your own slice of paradise within paradise and we look forward to welcoming you back. Safe travels.