All reviews lincoln road south beach biscayne bay unit gym pools miami
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My business partner stayed at the Flamingo a few months ago and and said that the facilities were outstanding, but the apartment he stayed in was a little basic. After consulting with TA, I noted that a traveler raved about apartment 1058S in the south tower so I googled it and found a good deal for $3,000 for 30 days ($100 a night)

When I got in I was blown away. The photos of this place do not do it justice. It is the height of luxury in every way. High end appliances, lightning fast internet, HD cable with PVR and the place is huge! Then you get to the million dollar view of the bay from the living room and bedroom. If this was a hotel it would cost you more than $3,000 a night so I couldn't believe my luck paying that for a month.

The only negative I can think of is that it is about a 7-10 mins walk to the ocean, but there is a top class pool and made made beach on the complex as well as a David Barton gym, beach volleyball court, shops, gardens, sauna, spa, valet parking... The list goes on. I think the photos I took look better than those I saw on the hotpads website. but if you are staying in South Beach, this is the place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cultv
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I am so glad I didn't listen to the negative reviews of this place. This truly is an amazing property. Where else are you going to be able to have waterfront bay views with so many amazing amenities, located in the heart of South Beach for such a great price? Over 16 acres, very well landscaped, there's plenty of places to walk around and enjoy life itself. I particularly liked the Private beach and two pools and spas to choose from. Sometimes I wake up late and don't make it to the beach. The sun is shining over the building by noon time, which is great. I'm close to my shower and if I'm hungry, everyone delivers! Going to Lincoln Road is so easy because it's so close. There are lots of young people, very European and South American, but the crowd is mature... especially in the South Tower since they're individually owned. The Center tower is newer, and have huge balcony's with unobstructed views. I prefer to stay in the South Tower because it is less of a party crowd. Not to mention, it's home of the The Local-Panini Bar with great happy hour specials and food. The Spa is and dry cleaners is closer too. The hallways are usually cold, but coming from apartments in the neighborhood with mold, I prefer it this way. Why do I want to smell other peoples odors?!

The buildings on the premises are very secure. Security can get annoying, but in reality... you shouldn't have a problem if you have your pass on you. Or if you know the name of the owner of the unit, along with the unit number, and sometimes the owner's phone number helps. Otherwise, if you are a registered guest or tenant, everything is much easier. I stayed for three weeks, and they were kind enough to process a month lease for me in order to get registered. Ask for registration! If you're in the South Tower, it's great that they don't charge you a processing fee, nor do you have to meet with the condo board of association. I prefer the easy terms and flexibility rather than going through all the legalities and timely effort to get approved. It's away from all expressway, street noise, hardly ever hear any sirens or ambulances. Especially no trains, and interstates because they can be so annoying. My unit and the units around me were pretty quiet. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with listening to any garbage trucks around.

There's a convenient liquor store, deli & cafe which is very convenience, although slightly over-priced... but in an emergency, they even have toilet paper! I needed milk for my coffee, and I'm glad they're there! I don't have a car, so I'm grateful to have designated Taxi-Cabs just waiting outside for us. There's even Art Deco Bikes available for everyone too. I rather be on the WEST side of the beach, rather than ON the beach. The buildings there are older, have mold, and don't care to make them luxurious because they will always be blessed with revenue and tourism. It's too noisy there too. All those clubs can be there for when I go out, but I don't want to live near them.

I love Lincoln Road, and I think the Flamingo is the best building to live in if you like to wine & dine like I do. I'm looking into buying a unit now, I hope I can get a good deal. The HOAs are a little high, but you know what? It's all worth it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank NicOCJoe
Reviewed 21 July 2011

The first thing that all bonafide vacationers need to know is: THE FLAMINGO TOWERS ARE NOT AND NEVER HAVE BEEN A HOTEL. It is a shame that this fact has not been made public and vacationers are being swindled by websites like Simple Miami Management into short vacation rentals that are illegal. In order to gain access to the property, you have to be literally sneaked in since the security at the gates are turning away short term rentals (less than 30 days), confiscating access cards because you are not on the picture, and other embarassing actions. Since all of these websites advertise for illegal vacation rentals, once you have paid whether you get to stay or not you lose your money. Also the rooms given are the whatever is available - more often than not - pretty bad with dirty carpets, non-functioning appliances, missing linens, kitchen utensils, etc. And forget about callilng maintenance or maid service - there is none for you since the south tower is a condominium and the staff will give you a very hard time if you let them know that you are staying only for a few days. Don't get your money stolen with a horrible experience like I had,

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
12  Thank Norasunshine
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I have stayed at the Flamingo in the south tower a few years ago, and was impressed. So I decided to come back. This time I stayed in the north tower and never again. The other reviews are correct about the north tower. I am 38 years old and I was the oldest one around. I had my son with me. But it is more of a 20 something dorm. I wouldn't recommend for families. The condo we stayed at was decent. Rugs were totally stained though. There is only a washing machine, no clothes dryer. You do not have access to the gym. The websites like vrbo, and homeaway make this condo complex better than it is. You will have to pay 14 for parking everyday. That is if you can get through security. They are not suppose to rent out, so you are told to say that you are friends visiting. THAT WAS A BIG PAIN IN THE BUT EVERYTIME YOU COME BACK!!!! the condo complex itself is well maintained. The pools are great! Just make sure you don't ay a lot for your condo.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Anarusso01
Reviewed 1 June 2011

My brother lives at the Flamingo and since we were going to be in Miami for a week, we decided to spend the time there. We have a baby and we thought the pool was a must. My brother appartment is nice and we thought that all were the same. Much to our surprise the appartment was not up to par. We had an amazing view of the city (we were on the 14th floor, facing west) but that was it. The carpet was disgusting (they had to place rugs on top of the worse stains to hide them), there was no way of having coffee (no coffee maker and the electric kettle was broken.... someone, likely while drunk, decided to place it over the stove!). There were 3 forks and 6 spoons and 5 knifes (the appartment was for 4 people)... One bathroom was OK but the other was minute. Both outdated, and one of them without a working electric outlet.
We had only noise issues one night, the others it was pretty quiet.
We rented the condo through goflamingocondo.com and we did not have any issues with them, they were polite but I wish they had disclosed about the condition of the appartment. We were given magnetic keys that did not work (had to use my brother's extra one).
The pool was nice and had a nice view. There is plenty of shade. There is a small bar where you can get drinks and some sandwiches and like.
The condo is in a good location but be aware that the beach is on the other side of the island! There were always taxis at the front but you can walk around, pretty safe area. Very close to Lincoln Road, where many restaurants are open until late.
Parking was about $16/day but if you can find it, there is parking spots available outside (make sure you do park in the areas allowed, otherwise you will get a ticket).
Overall, I do not think I will go back there.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family