See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2011

The first thing that all bonafide vacationers need to know is: THE FLAMINGO TOWERS ARE NOT AND NEVER HAVE BEEN A HOTEL. It is a shame that this fact has not been made public and vacationers are being swindled by websites like Simple Miami Management into short vacation rentals that are illegal. In order to gain access to the property, you have to be literally sneaked in since the security at the gates are turning away short term rentals (less than 30 days), confiscating access cards because you are not on the picture, and other embarassing actions. Since all of these websites advertise for illegal vacation rentals, once you have paid whether you get to stay or not you lose your money. Also the rooms given are the whatever is available - more often than not - pretty bad with dirty carpets, non-functioning appliances, missing linens, kitchen utensils, etc. And forget about callilng maintenance or maid service - there is none for you since the south tower is a condominium and the staff will give you a very hard time if you let them know that you are staying only for a few days. Don't get your money stolen with a horrible experience like I had,

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
12  Thank Norasunshine
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I have stayed at the Flamingo in the south tower a few years ago, and was impressed. So I decided to come back. This time I stayed in the north tower and never again. The other reviews are correct about the north tower. I am 38 years old and I was the oldest one around. I had my son with me. But it is more of a 20 something dorm. I wouldn't recommend for families. The condo we stayed at was decent. Rugs were totally stained though. There is only a washing machine, no clothes dryer. You do not have access to the gym. The websites like vrbo, and homeaway make this condo complex better than it is. You will have to pay 14 for parking everyday. That is if you can get through security. They are not suppose to rent out, so you are told to say that you are friends visiting. THAT WAS A BIG PAIN IN THE BUT EVERYTIME YOU COME BACK!!!! the condo complex itself is well maintained. The pools are great! Just make sure you don't ay a lot for your condo.

Date of stay: July 2011
1  Thank Anarusso01
Reviewed 1 June 2011

My brother lives at the Flamingo and since we were going to be in Miami for a week, we decided to spend the time there. We have a baby and we thought the pool was a must. My brother appartment is nice and we thought that all were the same. Much to our surprise the appartment was not up to par. We had an amazing view of the city (we were on the 14th floor, facing west) but that was it. The carpet was disgusting (they had to place rugs on top of the worse stains to hide them), there was no way of having coffee (no coffee maker and the electric kettle was broken.... someone, likely while drunk, decided to place it over the stove!). There were 3 forks and 6 spoons and 5 knifes (the appartment was for 4 people)... One bathroom was OK but the other was minute. Both outdated, and one of them without a working electric outlet.
We had only noise issues one night, the others it was pretty quiet.
We rented the condo through goflamingocondo.com and we did not have any issues with them, they were polite but I wish they had disclosed about the condition of the appartment. We were given magnetic keys that did not work (had to use my brother's extra one).
The pool was nice and had a nice view. There is plenty of shade. There is a small bar where you can get drinks and some sandwiches and like.
The condo is in a good location but be aware that the beach is on the other side of the island! There were always taxis at the front but you can walk around, pretty safe area. Very close to Lincoln Road, where many restaurants are open until late.
Parking was about $16/day but if you can find it, there is parking spots available outside (make sure you do park in the areas allowed, otherwise you will get a ticket).
Overall, I do not think I will go back there.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Lucybelle1
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I am a current resident, and cannot wait for my contract to finish. I thought the fact of being well located and having a partial water view would cover all the negatives, but it doesn't! at least for me. The units are dirty, plagued with roaches (no matter how many times you call to exterminate, dozens show up dead in the carpet, and dozens reappear again!)... The units are old, bathroom cheap and tiny with tiles dirty and old. Even after 2 years, they wont change your carpet. Walls are super thin (trust me!!), its a constant issue with the neighbors. The parking although half empty, is overpriced at $160 a month, and not included. No visitor parking. Maintenance is from bad to worst, never answer phone, leave messages that get ignored!!!!.. overall... it doesnt cut it!, very similar to a really expensive restaurant with a great location that cookes horrid food!.. welcome to the Flamingo! is the biggest marketing scam i have seen!!! they fooled me!

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank lovesobe2011
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Our 2 bdrm apt was $1,600 for 7 nights. Many electric outlets were not functional, dishwasher did not work, washer/dryer combo did not work, and the filthy stained carpet was disgusting. We never even got our pass key until 36 hours before we left. I have been trying to get a call back from the agent since we got back. He will not return my call, e-mails, or respond to my snail mail. What a big dissapointment!

Room tip: Word of mouth. Do not trust the website.
Date of stay: March 2011