“Best cod fish in Portuguese in town!”
Review of Oporto Cafe

Oporto Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Oporto Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #305 of 4,802 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: USD 11 - USD 35
Description: The cozy and relaxing Oporto Cafe serves up authentic cuisine in a friendly environment known by locals as the place to get home-style Portuguese and Brazilian fare. Twelve years of experience is something you can taste as you sample the traditional cooking made fresh from the kitchen of a Portuguese chef. Using only the finest recipes with a heavy influence on home-style quality. Oporto Cafe prepares only the most scrumptious selections. The fresh flavors and the extensive Portuguese wine list make Oporto a lunch-must for the business set. And taking a break from a hectic schedule to enjoy some feel-good food is quite often the top priority. But these movers and shakers are not the only ones who have discovered the city´s best Portuguese and Brazilian. Evening diners fill the restaurant eagerly awaiting leisurely dinner and a sip from a well-deserved glass of wine at Oporto
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

After eating in several Portuguese restaurants in Miami, decided to give Oporto Cafe a try! Definitively totally convinced we shall return! We were two couples so we tried the cod fritters as appetizers which were fried to perfection, the "Bacalhau com Polvo "( grilled wild codfish and octopus in a bed of salad, grilled red peppers and fried round potatoes), "Arroz de Bacalhau" (Codfish and rice casserole), and another "Bacalhau Assado" (Grilled codfish served with oven baked potatoes) with Vinho Verde ( Portuguese white young wine) "Muralhas". I can assure you this was the Best Cod Fish in town!
Of course had the Manuela dessert and the oporto after dinner!
Service was excellent!
Congratulations to Chef Santos.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

I had been told by a friend that a new Portuguese restaurant had opened in Miami, Oporto Cafe. Honestly, there are few GOOD Portuguese restaurants in Miami. Surprising but true. So, I am always looking. Anyway, I called and made a reservation. The restaurant opened in November 2015. I used to frequent the restaurant that was at that location before, so finding it was easy, right on Coral Way. I was familiar with the relatively small space, but it remains a very romantic and quaint restaurant. My wife is half Brazilian and half Portuguese. We went in a little date night on a Saturday. The restaurant was not busy. We were sat at a comfortable table and the wait staff were very attentive. We ordered an appetizer sampler and seafood soup. For our entrees, we are both pretty crazy about octopus, so we ordered different octopus dishes. Hers was with cod and mine with lobster. Starting with the appetizer, it was a good size appetizer. The cod croquettes were insanely good. On par with the best I have ever had. They were fresh and light. Perfectly prepared. Not drenched in oil. I highly recommend them. The rest of the sampler was good but the cod croquettes were the clear stars of the dish. The sampler also included shrimp in a light garlic sauce, a light Mediterranean salad, cheese (Feta, I believe) and Portuguese sausage. The soup was good but not a standout dish. The entrees were excellent. Both dishes were delicious. My wife enjoyed the grilled cod and my lobster tail was not large but perfectly prepared and sweet. The two dishes had the octopus prepared differently, but both were savory and the octopus was tender. I hate it when the octopus is rubbery. This was perfect.

The wine selection was reasonable.

We had eaten quite a bit as the portions are large, so we didn't have any dessert, but we did have a nice Port and headed out.

Overall, the experience was great with good service, great food and a nice ambiance. I was really surprised to see that the restaurant was not busier. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Appetizers were good especially the sausage they fire up at the table.
We had four main courses - the seafood and rice stew, grilled codfish, codfish and port wine, and the chefs steak. We had asked the chef for his recommendations and went with it. The stew was good with a decent variety of fish and shellfish. The steak was ok but don't go there expecting steakhouse quality. Both codfish entrees which were highly recommended were inedible due to very heavy salting. Apparently this has been noted on prior reviews but I guess the chef has not gotten the message. Coffee and service were excellent

Reviewed 7 July 2016

What a welcoming, warm, and highly-trained staff!

We were so enthralled by the authentic Portuguese dishes and atmosphere, but were even more enchanted by the relationship that we quickly developed with the owner and his restaurant family. We are not new to the food world, as I am an ex-sommelier and wine consultant, and my wife is from a known french restaurant and hospitality family, but we were impressed! Not a flaw! We look forward to returning, taking our friends, and building a long relationship with everyone there.

My wife had spicy langoustines, I had little lamb rib chops, and we shared several lovely regional appetizers, including their chorizo flambé, shrimp in creamy garlic sauce, and whole Portuguese-style sardines.

Don't miss it!

1  Thank poseidonsboys
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I visited Oporto for our 25th anniversary. I cannot imagine anything being better. The server and the manager were delightful and very attentive. The wine and appetizers were great, and the main course was fabulous and the portions were huge. We had two desserts and they were both amazing. This was one of the best all-around dinners I've ever had!

Been to Oporto Cafe? Share your experiences!