1,121 results
All reviews close to the airport free breakfast mia airport yogurt cuban
Reviewed 22 December 2017

We were not notified that the hotel had been badly damaged from the hurricane, although the manager told us we should have been. All third party reservations were cancelled but those of us who booked directly with LaQuinta were not cancelled. We made our reservation in April for our December cruise. Nothing was mentioned when I confirmed directly with the hotel the week prior to arrival. We were given the room keys and led to a far, unconnected building and shown to the back and end of it to our room. It was dark and isolated and had been a smoker room. It was so far away from the lobby and dark that my sister and I were afraid to go to dinner at our normal time. We needed to return before the light ran out. At 7 am the construction pounding started seemingly in the rooms behind us. When speaking to the manager in the morning I was told that we should have been notified and that there were just 10 usable rooms and none available for us where we would feel safer. I so wish I had looked at the Trip Advisor reviews again prior to our stay. There were no apologies or compensation given and an attitude that showed us they didn't care. After my LaQuinta survey I got an email from the manager that was right out the handbook and ended stating that they hope to see us again. Really? Did they not read what I wrote? Lesson learned. I have many questions now for our next pre-cruise hotel to make sure I will feel safe and that it is as they represent.

Room Tip: Do not stay there. The outbuildings are unlit and don't feel safe.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BBeachBum29
LQ0667GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

We are sorry to hear about your stay. Unfortunately at this time we are facing a difficult situation in which 90% of our rooms are shut down. This brings us limited amount of options as to where to place our guest. We hope that when we reopen we can welcome you back to our rebuilt rooms.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

We reserved a block of rooms almost half a year ago for our large group the night prior to our cruise.

My wife found reviews that people were showing up to find their rooms cancelled due to hurricane. I'm not unreasonable, understandable to close rooms to fix due to a hurricane. But were is the notification, these people should be notifying all their reservations.

The other day my wife called to change our room to our card, they went through the process with no mention of being closed. Last night she found reviews as mentioned above, the worker gave her varying responses last night when she called about them being open and our rooms being fine. Today my wife called and spoke to a manager who said they have been closed for a month and someone should have called us and cancelled our rooms.

So, here we are a week before our cruise scrambling to change our plans and find a place to park our car.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here until they figure out what they're doing.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ethan R
LQ0667GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately these circumstances aren't something we commonly deal with. Notifications about your reservation changes are being handled on a corporate level. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and would love to welcome you back once our hotel is up in operational use.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We were going on a cruise leaving Miami October 29 so I booked two rooms for 4 of us for the night before. Two weeks prior to our departure, I contacted the hotel to make sure all was okay with my reservation based on the recent hurricane and damage in Miami. I was assured that the hotel was fine and our reservation was confirmed. Our flight was scheduled to leave on October 28th. On October 25th, I get a phone call informing me that my reservation had been cancelled due to hotel damage and there was no other location for us to be moved to. What!!!!???? We were leaving in two days! I contacted the hotel directly and they said there was to much damage and the hotel was closed. I asked when it closed and was told September 19th!!! They waited until October 25 to notify me and lied about my reservation. I had to scramble to find another hotel which cost an additional $69.00. Poor way to do business and I will never book with them again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
LQ0667GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Due to unfortunate circumstances there were many reservations we were unable to honor due to unforeseen hurricane damages. More and more rooms little by little were being shut down due to the damages slowly found. We hope you can give us a second opportunity once we reopen again. Best of wishes,
Tiffany C

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

We had a reservation for Nov. 13, 2017. We were flying out to Caribbean next day. Hotel offered long term parking with hotel stay. We were notified 9am Nov. 13, that our room was unavailable due Hurricane Irma. I understand the unforeseen problem. But I think we could have been notified prior to our day of arrival. Not only did we have to find other accommodations but parking as well. We did find a room at the MIA Hotel ($82 more) and had to find parking which was $116. I am not a HAPPY camper!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 135debbyk
LQ0667GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We do understand that there definitely should have been an earlier notification about your reservation being cancelled. If your reservation was booked on another site beside La Quinta they were offering relocation. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We hope you can give us a second opportunity in the near future once our hotel reopens.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We had 3 rooms booked since early September. Got a call yesterday they are not able to open due to inspections. We scrambled and found a close downtown hotel. The price about the same and shuttle I️t $8 a person. At 10 days pre cruise for 3 couples was challenging. Glad we got a call.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
LQ0667GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

We are so sorry about your experience! Unfortunately we had to shut down our hotel due to hurricane damages and were no longer able to honor reservations. We apologize for the short notice. We hope by next year to have all our rooms up and running and we hope we can make it up to you then.
Tiffany C