“Nice Hotel near the Airport”

PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Ranked #43 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I stayed just for one night to get an early flight the next day. Really close to the airport (5min by car), the room was not luxurious but nice and their staff were friendly. The shuttle service was very helpful and ponctual (every 20 min). Although it was near the airport I didn't hear the air traffic when I was sleeping. They have a nice French restaurant! I would recommend if you need a hotel near the airport for a short period of time.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Fabio S

Reviewed 18 March 2012

The customer service was great from the front desk to the restaurant staff and concierge. I ordered room service and the food was phenomenal. I enjoyed the ambience of the pool during the late afternoon and drinks outside in the evening. The property had great service, however it was somewhat lacking in other areas. I understand they were at full capacity this week it being during spring break, however, I was disappointed to receive a handicap room when checking in Sunday-Friday for such a long stay. By the time I got to my room late that evening I did not feel like moving my heavy bags to another room so did not approach the front desk. There was no counter space at all in my bathroom and no color of art on the far wall of my room making it for a dull experience. My colleague's bathroom was much better other than her hole in the shower ceiling. I spent many evenings in my room and this did not feel like a home away from home. I travel frequently for work and this is something I anticipate. The beds were very comfortable, but did not offer a sheet. I woke up many times very warm at night. The rooms were a little outdated and could use some work. I could also easily hear my neighbors next to my room. Would I stay at your hotel again? Yes, if the price was right and I needed to be near the airport.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank angm212
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Sofitel, close to Miami International Airport would normally be considered just another airporthotel, but not Sofitel.
Pick up service from the airport, firendly, personal and fun.
Checking in, speedy and effective. Nice lobby, very busy but what a lobby.

Rooms, would need some attention and possibly renovation. Otherwise clean, great bed, quiet and with a cool AC.
Pool side perfect, Hotel bar with nice service, friendly and observant.
Generally tha staff was just great. Personal service without overdoing it.
Dinner at the hotel was magnificent but hefty priced. If wether allows, sit in the garden, just perfect for a late dinner.
Buffe brekfast was ok but not really up to full standard.

In all a great hotel experince, airport hotel or not.
Sofitel makes a true difference for its guests.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pevast
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The rooms were OK, elevators overcrowded, breakfast nice. The service was exceptional. Staff were friendly in general. I needed a cab, and after they called several cab companies without any arrivals (there were visible shortages at nearby hotels too), the concierge offered a complimentary limo ride to my destination. Great save.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Our room was just fantastic with a great view and all necessary utilities included. Thanks to Ana Sotes Dagmara the room was kept clean daily on a very high level. All staff members did an amazing job, starting with Andres and Jermaine who helped us with a rental car and directions, restaurant recommendations and so much more. They and their team went above and beyond all expectations. The breakfast was just so enjoyable and Menelus, Michel, Jesus, Magdalena, Derling, Carlos and Pedro showed an excellent and very attentive service. We would like to point out, that we were amazed by the service at the bar. Alan, Pavlina, Jaime, Angelica and Daniel made us feel so welcome and provided us with superior and luxurious service. Yolaina, Kimberly, Martha and Myrna at the Petit Marche were just so sweet and helpful. Emma, Lazaro, Alicia and Carmen did an outstanding job fulfilling our special requests at the room service. While having dinner at La Riviera, we had the chance to thank The Chef, Matthias, personally for the amazing dinner, served by Carlos, Diego and Emilse. The restaurant manager MinJu was totally in control of the operations and you could see that she does her job with passion. Florence was very helpful with our reservations and made us feel like home. All in all it is the staff that makes a huge difference and we will always come back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple