2,227 results
All reviewsfront deskclose to the airportcatch of the dayfree shuttleshuttle servicedolphin mallhotel shuttlean overnight staycontinental breakfastrental carlong flightcruise portsouth beachjorgeprietolobbyairline
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I'm writing from the lobby of the Regency, having spent the night due to a cancelled flight from Miami Airport. Nice lobby, clean room and comfortable bed, but - very noisy AC unit and high level of street noise (bring earplugs!), outdated furniture and a clean, but shabby washroom with barely functioning shower. Staff is bilingual (Spanish/English) friendly and efficient. There is a shuttle to the airport and some kind of transportation (not free) to a shopping mall. An OK buffet-type breakfast.
The lobby is definitely the most impressive feature of Regency!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
JoseMiguul, Front Office Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of the AC noise you reported. Also at the same time thank you for your compliments on the Customer Service, and all others areas of the hotel.

I have taken the necessary steps to inform the engineering department on the AC noise, This shouldn’t happened since the AC units are new and still under guaranty, but we will revise the unit for sure.

I am sorry that you did not have an excellent rest because of the AC unit. If you wish to contact me, please do not hesitate in call the hotel and ask for myself or write me an email.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Jose Miguel Batista de Pool
Revenue & Front Office Manager
Regency Hotel Miami
josemiguel@regencyhotelmiami.com

Reviewed 2 September 2012

When we arrived on the free shuttle from the airport, we were very impressed by the beautiful lobby area , but the person checking us in wasn't very welcoming or helpful and when we got to our room we were very disappointed .
We had 2 double beds and the room was spacious but very dated...the water pressure in the bathroom was very bad , and there was so little water coming out of the tap that it was very hard to brush your teeth and rinse your toothbrush..
Our room was above some very noisy equipment which kept us awake most of the night.
When we checked out and asked if we could leave our bags with the concierge for an hour while we went for a walk , we were told we could but there was a charge per piece..this is usually a free service in other hotels..
I would definitely not return to this hotel as there are much better hotels for the same price .

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank samar14
Reviewed 1 September 2012

On our way to Mexico, my husband and I had an unscheduled night in Miami as our flight was delayed from London. British Airways therefore told us at the airport that they had reserved a room for us at the Regency Hotel and just after midnight we arrived at the front desk ready to check in. However, British Airways had not made the reservation as promised, but the receptionist, Mr. Tomas Cruz found us a room anyway. In addition, he borrow us his personal mobile, without charge, so that we could make a call to our hotel in Mexico to reschedule a hotel transfer. We were very grateful and wanted to pay for the call, but he would not accept. Also the next day, as we were waiting for the shuttlebus to go back to the airport, he offered us a lift to the airport as he was going the same way, and this way we didn’t have to wait anymore. Even here he wouldn’t accept any form of payment (or tips). We have travelled to many hotels throughout the world, and most of them have been five-star, but we have never received such kind and considerate service and it made our one night stop-over in Miami memorable. So if you read this Mr. Cruz – thank you.

The hotel in itself is nice and what you expect when your airline provides a free stopover stay due to delays. The hotel is close to the airport, the reception is small but friendly, the rooms are spacious enough and clean and the breakfast is continental. We would definitely recommend it for a stop-over, but have no idea how close it is to any of the sights in Miami as we didn’t have enough time to explore.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maria_mdp
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This hotel is near to the airport. I spent there one night as my flight was cancelled. You have to know it is NOT luxurious. It is a low level hotel that airlines would expectedly send their clients to because they most probably get a good offer. I had dinner there. It was more of home-made food style. An open buffer including a minimal salad bar, and rice and macaroni, and chicken and beef. The water and coke etc were in jugs. No proper hotel serving although the people were helpful. The receptionists tried to help in every way and were nice. The elevators are oldish style. The rooms had a lot of non-working TV channels, and a manually controlled air condition (split unit), without a remote control. The bed only had a sheet and a semi-thick cover. You can spend a night there to be close to the airport with a cheap alternative. I dont know their rates, but I wouldn't expect them to be as expensive as the Hilton or other high level hotels near the airport. They have a shuttle every 30 minutes going to and from the airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ameshref
Reviewed 3 July 2012

It is very rare to get a genuine smile and service at the hotel front desk, especially when you are exhausted, your flight got cancelled and you have to stay overnight far away from miami beach. Edwin, Rose and Jose Carlos took my stress away the moment I got to the hotel. They have been so kind and sweet about any matter. If your flight gets cancelled with Delta and you have to choose a place to stay at Miami airport, make it Regency Hotel - that smile and help at the front desk is more value than any stars you can get elswhere.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the view to the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends