“Interesting and well managed!”

Miami Children's Museum
Ranked #35 of 371 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Miami Children’s Museum (MCM) is dedicated to enriching the lives of all children by fostering a love of learning and enabling children to realize their highest potential. We encourage visitors of all ages to play, learn, imagine and create. We are a non-profit educational institution that meets the needs of all children in our multicultural community. We offer interactive exhibits, programs, and learning materials related to arts, culture, community and communication. MCM’s Vision: It is our vision to be recognized as a premier institution serving children and their families while inspiring children to learn about themselves and the culturally diverse community we live in through the arts, literacy, and early childhood education.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

From a 13 year olds perspective, the children’s museum was average fun, paying 40$ for me, my brother and my mom. I would definitely say that the museum is for kids of ages 3-10 years old, since if you are smaller than that, you wouldn’t really be able to understand all the things there are to see and be able to take part in limited amounts of activities. If you are older than that, and you are going with just your parent/parents there would not be that much to enjoy since most activities are designed for smaller children. The only activities you would enjoy, are the more strategic activities like the maze or the learning about the value of money and the arts and crafts section. Mostly, for kid between those ages, they should have fun, and learn during all the kid-friendly lessons, like the supermarket area, where kids go around with a kid sized shopping cart, picking up plastic food and putting it in your cart, and then pay at the cashier. The supermarket is only one place out of a lot of places in the museum to provide fun and lessons about nature, food, money, electricity, recycling, and many more.

All reviews
in 85 reviews
"publix"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We took our toddler here on a rainy day a few days ago and I was underwhelmed. First, it was $60 for the three of us, which was a lot of money. Second, all the exhibits were branded (Publix for the supermarket play area, Carnival for the boat area, etc) which made me feel like I paid $60 for my family to be advertised to. Next, the museum is dark and loud and it was crowded on the day I was there. Many of the exhibits were just "screen" activities, which wasn't particularly enriching for my 2-year-old. There were a few art activities on the second floor which my child got into but overall, I was disappointed.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We spent a cloudy day there and it was underwhelming for sure. Several levels below our local DENVER Childrens Museum. On the plus side it wasn’t crowded.

1  Thank Boxer12
Reviewed 23 December 2017

This is very nice place to take younger children. They have a variety of attractions and I found it quite educational.