“Eh - average breakfast”

Armillary Grill
Price range: USD 9 - USD 32
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 15 January 2015

Hey, its free if you're an IGH member, right? This morning was left over sausage - dry, small and hard. They'd been rode long and hard in that oven and were DONE. The eggs are powdered so go for the "eggs to order" option. The potatoes are OK. Small empanadas and ham croquettes are premade and borderline.

Good luck.

There are newer reviews for Armillary Grill

Reviewed 13 September 2014

The Armillary Grill is located inside the Intercontinental Hotel at Doral, Miami, FL. It has a very nice menu of dishes and the food is really excellent. Some good wine choices are available as well. Prices are average to high but justified by the good quality. Service is very friendly & good. This is a good dining option, especially if you are staying at the hotel. The only real apparent drawback is the rather sterile atmosphere - just a typical hotel restaurant. This could have been improved.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

In late August, I had the good fortune of staying at the Intercontinental Hotel Doral for a week on business. Located to the left of the lobby, the Armillary acts as the hotel’s combination restaurant and bar (lounge). Aside from its regular menu, the restaurant serves breakfast and lunch buffets (I believe $19) and a standard dinner fare (until 11pm). The bar/lounge serves drinks until 11:30p (and drinks poolside); offers more of a twisted pub fare (e.g. ceviche, teriyaki salmon burger) in addition to the restaurant menu; and, has a ½ price happy hour (5-7p) with usually 2 hors d'oeuvres.

On my first night (a Sunday), travel worn so less adventurous, I opted eat at the bar: seven seats and all empty (the restaurant itself quiet). The bartender (Vito) was very affable and after a few drinks pricey drinks (Absolute Martini = $12!!), I ordered the Shrimp Cocktail and Corvina (White Fish) Ceviche.

The Peruvian bartender serves me the restaurant's Cuban ceviche and subsequently, he and I discuss the problems (the addition of orange juice and tomato; lack of pepper of any kind; no sliced red onion; etc.). I mean after all, Peru invented ceviche and I have business in Peru often. We agree that the shrimp cocktail was great but that I should go down the street for the ceviche. Although I never made it there, I did eat at the bar twice more simply because it was in general good food.

On the bar end, during happy hour, the drinks are very reasonably priced so I tended to find myself there during this time. It was rare that there were others there – which was surprising – except for the one night where there was standing room only. I believe there was a convention/small meeting there that evening.

I had dinner at the restaurant one night – there were maybe three other tables (mostly singles) occupied but admit it was late. They offered a full menu and surprisingly a prix fixe which while tempted, am not a big dessert eater so opted for the steak instead. Despite the fact that they did not have Heinz 57 (I will bring my own next time), the steak was cooked perfectly (very rare), the veggies (asparagus with summer broccoli) not swimming in butter and they let me substitute a salad for the starch.

I guess my biggest gripe was they lacked a Riesling which while I know is taboo with red meat, was my craving and had to settle for a Pino Gris – not the same thing.

Overall, I will definitely be back next month; stay at the Intercontinental; and, eat at the Armillary more often. It’s certainly better than your normal hotel fare and very convenient.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Excellent variety at the salad bar. I had lunch the afternoon we arrived and the salad bar was really great. Went for second helpings!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have stayed at the Intercontinental Hotels many, many times and have NEVER had such bad service and food in their restaurants EVER, it was such a disappointment. We stayed at this hotel as a package for the cruise that we were taking over the Holidays and so were stuck there for dinner. Never figured that we would be so disappointed with food at such a place, but it was unbelievable especially when you think that I had ordered a 'club sandwich'! Now, I ask you .... how can you RUIN A CLUB SANDWICH? Well, I was horrified to find stale bread, horrible 'lumps' of cheese, lettuce that was soooooo limp and 'past its sell-by date' that I took it off! Unfortunately, I was starved so ate part of it anyway, but told the waiter that I had never had a club sandwich that tasted so badly ... he just stood there and lifted his shoulders and walked off! My husband had a hamburger that was overcooked and had no taste ... the room only had 3 other people in it and it was only around 8 pm ... so, probably more folk knew how bad this place was! Don't waste your time or money even if you are stuck there!

1  Thank Englandswings123