“real great food & friendly”

Sparky's Roadside Barbecue
Ranked #143 of 4,395 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: USD 8 - USD 12
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 6 August 2017

I shared a "half rack + brisket combo" and pecan pie with my fiancee, we had "freedom tower" draft beer, all are very good. Many comments on different webs are "good food good service", in deed! Absolutely will visit again and recommended.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Had the pleasure of a meal here late one night. Friendly service and these guys are justifiably proud of their positive reviews in the US national press. We had the ribs with pulled pork and brisket - they were juicy, tender and very tasty. There's a good variety of BBQ and similar sauces and a selection of sides from mac and cheese through to fries and mashed potato.

There's also a good beer menu too and it's handy for downtown Miami (just a short walk) - what's not to like?

1  Thank gongladosh
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Quick simple review but fabulous burger!!! Recommended! Much better than anything from the UK! Thanks again!!!

1  Thank Jamie080979
Reviewed 21 March 2017

We were on a one night stopover in Miami and wanted something other than fine dining. We looked at the reviews on TA and decided on Sparkys. I then worried that Sparkys wouldn't live up to my expectations.

Firsty that staff were excellent - sorry I didn't get their names - they couldn't be more helpful especially regards their selection of beers and food!

They put together some plates of food for us that showed off their wings, ribs, chicken and brisket, all were absolutely delicious.

I was given samples of their beers and there were some lovely ones in there.

All in all a very pleasant meal and we will return - Thankyou.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

After visiting the Pérez Art Museum Miami we were looking for a place close enough but not your usual tourist stop. The reviews were promising so, though none of us is a barbecue fan, we decided to give it a try. The place atmosphere feels authentic, the food was great and the service was friendly. We had the Beef Brisket & Pulled Pork and ribs with the dry rub. I'm sorry I can't remember the beers we had because those were good too!