We have been and continue to be big fans of the JW Marriott Marquis brand. Now and then, there may be a mild disappointment, but overall, the properties come through with flying colors.
While attending the South Beach Wine & Food Festival, we decided to stay overnight in downtown Miami and avoid the congestion of South Ocean Blvd and Collins Ave.
On the drive to the hotel, we called ahead and requested a feather-free room on an upper floor. We were rewarded with an upgrade to a corner suite (#2902), providing exceptional space (full bath with a powder room adjacent to the living room, a partitioned office space with a full size desk completed with large monitor and free Internet access, huge wall mounted plasma TV screens in bedroom and living room).
The Francis Francis Lily espresso maker in the suite is a nice touch.
The floor to ceiling windows provided abundant natural light and opportunities to observe several beautifully populated outdoor swimming pools at adjacent hotels and condominiums....nice touch.
The east facing Concierge Lounge offers pleasant breakfast views across the Port of Miami and Biscayne Bay. Three attendants were present during our morning visit and handled the stocking and restocking of the ample food choices (eggs, potatoes, several meats, French toast, cereals, assorted fruits and breads. Lily coffees were offered and upon request, a double espresso ensured a caffeine energized jump start for face a busy day.
The swimming pool and deck area as well asthe fitness center were more than adequate and appeared clean and in order during out visit.
Flavio Mello, Front Office Manger for the property, and his staff handled the check-in and check-out without a hitch.
Others have complained about promptness of valet service....we had no problems, we telephoned about 10 minutes before leaving room and our car was waiting each time we requested.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marquis Miami is situated in Miami’s new Metropolitan Miami development. The first-to-market JW Marriott property boasts 313 guestrooms, inclusive of 56 suites, along with a broad array of amenities, including renowned chef-restaurateur, Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne. Offering a diverse setting for business, meeting and pleasure travel pursuits, the 41-story hotel features three concierge levels; 80,000-square-feet of total function space including a 20,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom; and one of the most unique indoor sports, lifestyle and entertainment complexes of any hotel in the U.S. The 50,000-square-foot, two-story indoor facility includes a NBA-approved basketball arena, tennis court, Jim McLean Golf School, virtual bowling alley, billiards, full-service Rik Rak Salon & Spa and more. Owned and operated by Met 2 Hotels LLC, the JW Marriott Marquis Miami is located at 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel Miami
- JW Marriott Marquis Miami Florida