“Great new French restaurant ”
Review of La Rue Bistronomie

La Rue Bistronomie
Ranked #1,009 of 4,560 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: USD 23 - USD 55
Description: La Rue is an upper-hand brasserie style French restaurant located in the heart of Coconut Grove brought to you by the team behind Strada in the Grove and Farineli 1937.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have been to La Rue Bistronomie three times now in the last 2 weeks and I believe it is one of the best new restaurants in the Miami area. Admittedly, I am partial to French food and French restaurants, but this new addition to the Miami food scene is definitely worth checking out. I was there for lunch once and dinner twice. For lunch we had the endive and beet salad, the Salad Nicoise and the leek quiche - all were fresh and tasty and great dishes for lunch. For dinner the first time, 2 of us ordered the whole Branzino to share. The manager didn’t like the way the fish was fileted, have another fish and didn’t charge us for it - excellent treatment, in my opinion, for a new restaurant trying to attract more patrons. We’ve also had the steak frites, the baked chicken with vegetables and the trout - again, all were great. The wine list is great with a lot of good French options. The decor is bright and clean. This is definitely a restaurant worth your time.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

While talking with some friends about the choices for dinner in the Grove, One spoke up to say that a new French place had just opened near the Green Street Cafe, and the wine and mussels were fabulous. My wife, who is a great connoisseur of mussels, said let’s try it, so we did, and we are glad we did. Boing our first visit, we decided to stick with the recommendation. My wife had the mussels with a red sauce, and I with a white Pernod sauce. Both were really good, dishes we will certainly have again. We also had an excellent salad, and the frites. And, there are lots of other dishes on the menu we would like to try. We’ll be back!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This new place opened in early March, 2018, and I am sure some of its rough edges--which are not many--will be smoothed out. For example, I am sure they will add sound absorbing materials to the decor in order to decrease the sound level inside (they have outside tables, too). The food was very well prepared, and slightly unconventional, but its kitchen is headed by chefs brought in from France, and I am confident the menu will evolve as customers declare their preferences, as is to be expected in a new restaurant. La Rue is a sister restaurant to the very successful Strada Italian restaurant across the street.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Sadly our visit was spoiled by 5 streaking women in the corner of the restaurant. However the food was not brilliant. We had steak and frites but the frites were over done and hard. Service was good although a little OTT. We were told that the reason the restaurant seemed so noisy was the acoustics, however we weren’t convinced!

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Glad to write the first review of this little gem in the heart of Coconut Grove!
We went yesterday with some friends, even before the full menu was available. Not that it was needed as every thing we had was fantastic. Steaks perfectly made, hard to find trout here is delicious and fresh. The duck is amongst the best I have ever had.
Great creativity in the menu where each plate has its charm.
Knowing the the restaurant is from the same family of several others in the neighborhood, no wonder it is also going to do so well.
Prices are very reasonable given the crazy prices in the Miami food scene.
If in Miami, don’t miss it!