Port Inn(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
USD 141
Mainstay Suites(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
USD 133
MainStaySuites
Comfort Suites(Panama City)(Great Value!)
USD 116
USD 90
All reviewsfull kitchenfish houseslow elevatortiki hutpanama cityold floridahigh riserooms face the beachevery room has a balconybalcony overlooking the beachport stnight lifeadjoining roomscleaning staffcoffee makerbeach frontbeach hotel
Reviewed 15 February 2018

This is the 2nd year we stayed at the El Governor. Last year was for a few days in Feb, this year staying for the month of Feb. Like the place, but notice way to much cigarette smoking, very disgusting. Policy is "no smoking in room", but everywhere else is allowed, to include on your Patio. Really sucks if you are above the smoker. Cigarette butts on the ground and beach area. Have personally witnessed people "flicking" butts off their Patios onto the grassy area of the beach, disgusting individuals! Need to make property "SMOKE FREE"!! Stay next year may depend on this policy.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
16  Thank rgpopo
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Motel is right on the beach with easy walk access. Has a nice view of the sunsets. Our room had two queen beds with full kitchen which included a full size refrigerator which was nice because the motel has a bar but no restaurants. The motel is central located on Mexico Beach which is famous for white sand. There were two minor irritates as the motel was full, 1 very slow elevator (only One elevator) and parking was a problem sometime.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Goldrockhunter
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

All the rooms face the beach so we had a great view from our room. I enjoyed sitting on the balcony and reading while listening to the ocean. It was nice little room with a kitchen and lots of potential. I love that they had laminate instead of carpet flooring. The bathroom was smaller than what we as a family of 4 are used to when we travel. I was a little shocked at being handed an actual key instead of a card key. The biggest problem I had was the little brown roaches. If not for that we'd stay again. My husband says it's hard to keep bugs out when you're right on the beach. I'm sure people cooking and leaving messes in the kitchen probably doesn't help. One I could ignore but we killed four. I didn't complain cause I'm just not the type and probably not much they could do plus it was just a two night stay. If they could do something about that I would return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Kristina R
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Great little spot for a weekend getaway. Rooms were very clean. Great view of the Gulf of Mexico. Pack your own toiletries for a family of four. Also, bring your own coffee and needed supplies as there was not a coffee starter kit in the room but there was a full size coffee maker. Love the 2pm check-in.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank dogfan9104
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We have spent vacations in Mexico Beach and love this little town. We were coming back from a trip to the east side of Florida and decided to stop for the night. The El Governor is not where you should stop if you are looking for 5 Star, high end amenities. It is a basic, older beach hotel. The rooms are a nice size, clean but on the older side, furnished a bit like an old beach cabin with hand-me-down furniture. There are kitchenettes in the rooms which would be nice for longer stays. The pool is nice and we enjoyed a swim before sunset. Sunsets are spectacular! The staff are friendly and helpful. We decided we probably would rather stay in a house or condo for long term but this was great for a brief stay. Overall, Mexico Beach is fantastic and the El Governor was exactly what we needed for the time we were there.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family