“Wonderful experience!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Melbourne Beach
columbus ohio
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Just returned from a memorable visit here. The staff was very attentive and everyone was cheerful! Such an easy walk to the beach an they provide you with all the beach amenities you need, and that comes with your room/stay. The inn packed us a picnic lunch to take to the beach which was delicious! The beach is nice and generally low key...I don't believe there are any hotels on it, just nice beach houses and some condos. We felt very pampered by the staff and highly recommend this place. Also, there are some nice dining options close by and downtown Melbourne is a short drive.

They have earned a new repeat guest!

Room Tip: Order the breakfast sampler for breakfast..best B&B breakfast I have ever had!
1 Thank acemarble

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I have never been inclined to go back and review anything, but our recent stay at Port d'Hiver was just that wonderful. My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in the Dianne room for our "babymoon." Never having stayed at a B&B before, we didn't really know what to expect, but this place blew us away with hospitality and comfort. From the moment we arrived, we felt so relaxed and pampered. The room was a little small, but it didn't bother us one bit. (I think ours was the smallest and least expensive of all the rooms.) The property is gorgeous, the staff is warm and accommodating, and the food was delicious. Totally worth the money. I hope we can go back some day!

Ventnor, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We're back from four nights at the Port D'Hiver, having stayed in the Indian River room. The B&B grounds are lovely, and our room was private, spacious, and comfortable. We enjoyed a gourmet breakfast each morning on our private porch overlooking the spa pool. In the courtyard, the soothing sound of water trickling from the fountains, combined with lush tropical foliage, created a tranquil island respite. Everything is kept immaculately clean, and anything you need to enjoy the beach, from snacks and sodas to chairs and umbrellas, are provided. A sumptuous happy hour at 5:00 follows your beach or nap-time, and service is always with a smile. Their "stay four nights and get the fourth night free" makes this a terrific value. I wish I could recreate the whole setting...from room decor to serene courtyard...right here in my own home!

Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I absolutely cannot rave enough about this B&B. My husband and I have stayed at several B&Bs thru the years and they have all been wonderful...but Port d'Hiver outshines all of them. The B&B is just beautiful, the rooms are perfect, the pool/hot tub is relaxing, the food is AMAZING, but most of all the service is IMPECCABLE! The owners and staff make you feel like royalty and they are just all so sweet. Although Port d'Hiver is located directly on the curve of A1A and Ocean Ave and therefore has a lot of traffic, you hardly notice it due to the way they have built the B&B with lush foliage and gates all around. We stayed in the Sunrise Room and woke up every morning to enjoy coffee on our balcony (which they delivered) while we watched the sun rise. Then down to the beach (right across the street) for a little fishing and strolling on the sand then back to our room for a HUGE gourmet breakfast. Then nap time (I can never take naps as I am too restless, but for 4 days straight I easily fell asleep for a relaxing nap) which was just wonderful. Then later in the day wine (they pour a nice full glass and refill often!) and amazing appetizers and chatting with our fellow B&B vacationers. We will most definitely be going back as soon as we can!

Room Tip: Sunrise Room has a jacuzzi tub big enough for 2 people and a private balcony. You can even see the...
1 Thank Autember
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2012

If you are looking for a truly special, personal, luxurious stay along Florida's east coast, look no further. First outside glimpse of the property is somewhat deceiving...remember that it's a historic property to begin with. Inside, you are pampered and existing in a lovely cocoon. I loved the Havana Room so much that it is now the background picture on my desktop, but I may have to switch that out eventually for the courtyard photo. Breakfast and afternoon appetizers were fantastic. Absolutely the best B&B we have ever encountered, and IMO worth the price.

Room Tip: Havana Room was even better in person than on the website...with palm fronds swaying outside our win...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
32.4 km away
Inn at Cocoa Beach
Inn at Cocoa Beach
#1 of 31 in Cocoa Beach

Been to Port d'Hiver? Share your experiences!