“Quaint with Quality”

Hemingway's Tavern
Ranked #5 of 479 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: USD 0 - USD 6
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Wow! How did we miss this place? From the moment we walked in we were transported to a true Key West/Hemingway type experience. Friendly greeting, amazing menu, and the vibe is very chill! We ordered the Snapper Hemingway and it was cooked to perfection. We even added the lobster tail to our meal and it was delicious with the keylime butter! To top it all off we enjoyed the homemade keylime pie and a cuban coffee for dessert. The gracious manager Andrew even stopped by our table to say "Hello", big points in my book.
If you haven't tried this place yet, we highly suggest you do, what are you waiting for??
We cannot wait to come back and try the brunch with endless mimosas and amazing selections. See you all there!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Inside has a lot of Hemingway paraphernalia on the walls nicely done.We were met at door with a very nice hostes.seated and presented with menus.A great menu with a Cuban influence.I ordered stir fry with chicken,delicious and my husband a Cuban sandwich with a bowl of black beans and rice also delicious.
Good food, good service
We sat outside surrounded by beautiful plants.
We will go back

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner on Sunday, around 5:30 and if I based my review on the horrible greeting or should I say lack of a greeting, it would be a 1. The hostess had a bad attitude , didn’t even acknowledge us and when she seated us and we thanked her she just walked away. We were then greeted by a nice young gentleman for our waiter and the rest of the staff were great. I’ve worked in customer service and there is no excuse for her attitude. Honestly we should’ve left after how she acted but glad we didn’t. The food was good and the atmosphere is clean and fun. I hope the owner is aware and can teach her some manners or fire her. The black bean dip is delicious. (I should mention that when we left there was a new girl hostessing.)

Reviewed 16 March 2018

This place is a true gem. It is far off the beaten track but the food is spectacular. Presentation is nearly perfect and one can either eat outside or inside. Drinks are a bit expensive (unless one takes advantage of the daily specials) but the price of the food is reasonable.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent choices, fresh quality food. Nothing like Meg Malleys. Quality food and great atmosphere. Menu is a little different but the flavors are very good. Typical of a city type restaurant