“Great location an more”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 478 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: USD 40 - USD 60
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Haven
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had been to the Chart House in Alexandria so were familiar with the restaurant ambience and menu. The location in Melbourne is equally pleasing with great views. The food and service both exceeded our expectations - the calamari and tuna appetisers were spot on and everyone (a party of 8) seemed pretty satisfied with all the their other choices. Service was with a smile and some great recommendations.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Coming form South Africa i wasn't prepared for a couple things;
1) Sitting at my table with views of dolphin and manatees (manatees are extremely rare on the African east coast
2)the abundance in bird life (also easily viewed from our table)
3) the size fo American portions!

We visited Chart House 2 nights in a row as the experience was that good. Service was excellent, wine list was great (although we had to ask for help going through it- and the suggestions were spot on).

The first night I had oysters to start and the coconut shrimp for mains. Oysters are oysters but the coconut shrimp had great dipping sauces.

The second night had a MOUNTAIN of Kim Chi Calamari, which was amazing and i could easily only have had that as a meal, but I had already ordered the shrimp again and was certainly well fed on leaving.

If i ever need to come back to Melbourne I will certainly be back. Thank you!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Lovely spot on the river for a meal. Seven of us went for the early bird where you get a choice of several meal options plus a free trip to the excellent salad bar. All meals were priced less than $25.00. I love fish and chips and ordered them. Wrong! I ate the first small piece which was heavily battered and barely cooked. The second piece (there were three) was so raw I could not cut it with my knife! Didn't even try the third piece.
Friends brought it to the attention of another server and shortly there after my server came and offered another choice which was cooked but not very tasty. There were no complaints from any of my companions, which I found to be true on other visits to the Chart House.
We ordered the apple/cherry crisp and asked for extra ice cream as we were sharing. It was GREAT, much better than my meal.
We like the Chart House and I have to say the poor meal I got this time is NOT typical of other meals we have had. We will go back.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner and great views of the Indian River lagoon. I enjoyed lobster bisque with a generous portion of lobster in the bowl. My wife enjoyed the generous salad bar including sliced and diced beets. My stuffed lobster entree was tasty and accompanied by a large baked potato and asparagus. My wife enjoyed a generous fish and chips entree. Service was top flight.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We try to avoid corporate restaurants and search for local gems which we usually find. We also like to try upscale spots when on holidays so on the evening of March 19, 2018 we tried the Melbourne FL Chart House even though it is against our normal game plan.
Service was fine. Had a table with a nice view of the inland waterway. Wine was priced ok, however the entrees and salad were priced at a point that you would expect something really good. Well this part of the dining experience was just ok. Expectations meet in every way? .....sort of I guess...well?.....not really too excited and maybe a bit disappointed......sort of Ho-Hum!