“Desserts and Coffee Extravaganza!”
Review of Sun Shoppe & Cafe

Sun Shoppe & Cafe
Ranked #7 of 23 Dessert in Melbourne
Cuisines: American, Deli, French
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

I met up with some friends here not so long ago and was pleasantly surprised by the extra friendly staff and a wide array of eats. I ordered a Coconut Latte and a slice of Milky Way cake. The cake was delicious and moist. The latte was a tasty work of art. They also offer a good selection of bagels and muffins. I will be back. Comfortable laid back atmosphere with great eats.

Date of visit: July 2015
1  Thank kdragnfli

Reviewed 7 May 2015

Ate with a business colleague at this establishment. Ordered 2 Club Sandwiches ($6.75 ea).

I asked for fresh rye but got toasted. Why do restaurants toast bread? When bread is not fresh restaurants think toasting it will somehow give it life. Well, the rye was crumbly and toasting it did not make it fresh. No fries, no cole slaw just some nacho chips given on the side. It took 18 minutes to put two pieces of ham, turkey and cheese on 2 slices of bread.

Unfortunately, the new owners of this establishment are trying to cut corners and it will hurt their business. Hope they get their act together soon but until then I will not return.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Went in to grab some coffee and muffins/scones for the family and they were fantastic! The staff is super-friendly and uber-quick! If you're in Old Mebourne, check 'em out-you won't be dissapointed!

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank henryortega20
Reviewed 29 March 2015 via mobile

We found this little local jem through Trip Advisor. Sat and had coffee and cappuccino while they fixed our to go breakfast sandwiches. Great little local cafe with great coffee and fresh bagels and pastries. Highly recommend this local jem!!

1  Thank O790ULstephaniem
Reviewed 9 December 2014

Excellent Customer Service!
First I asked if they use real eggs. Yes! was the answer, that always gets an A+ in my book!
I asked for my egg sandwich on a croissant, he apologized and said they were out. I told him I didn't want a bagel with all that bread--he suggested they could make it with a spinach wrap! Another A+ for making such a special effort to please me! The end result was delicious. Their coffee--smooth, very nice. I will certainly be making this my go-to breakfast spot when I am in Melbourne!

Date of visit: December 2014