Open today: 10:00 am - 6:45 pm
Book In Advance
Tours from Dolfun Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews nice boat indian harbour corny jokes public boat boat ride saw dolphins eau gallie blvd great tour recommend this trip his knowledge banana river cocoa beach their natural habitat captain homes causeway wildlife
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I read all reviews and felt some type of way due to the bad reviews however, I had an amazing time. The Captain was super friendly and funny. Everyone on the boat had fun. We saw a lot of dolphins. I would do this again. Do not go based off someone else’s review. Always go out and find out on your own.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

About 15 of us on the boat going at a reasonable slow pace to circle the waterways to catch dolphins. Saw only 3-5 dolphins surfacing and going under again. No manatees sightings as captain says they live inside the rivers where it’s cooler. He did not bring us there to see manatees. Kinda disappointing. Tour says dolphins and manatees tour.

Captain was knowledgeable somewhat about the houses on the waterways but he does not know which famous celebrities if any used to live there. Only pointed out one huge house with 2 speedboats and the owner used to a champion of speed racing who is now retired.

Pointed out Dragon’s point but did not give history of that place or why it’s called that.

All in all a relaxing tour and it’s hit or miss whether you see a few or many dolphins. Groupon has a deal on this tour and I suggest you get it instead of paying full price. It’s not worth the full price.

We go on tours to listen to history and interesting facts and knowledge and see sights. And this tour does not do a good job.

Now the bad news,

First of all GPS will not give you accurate directions. Even the email confirmation directions are not that clear. Should have said public boat ramp on causeway bridge before you hit the island and there are no signs to guide you there.

Second the captain did not introduce himself or sell himself or the company he represents and a No!! Thank you for coming etc. Not a people person who is chatty with customers. Not a good job representing his company either. And welcome saying to the tour. Did not even verify who is coming on the tour. It leaves on time so if you are 1minute late you’ve missed the boat!!

Third, complaining about other boaters on the coastal zipping by too fast and not adhering to rules of the waterway. He was an ex cop and ex military man so very dry humor if at all. No interaction with customers. Little wonder there are no repeat customers.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

The boat was clean and the wildlife was abundant. However, my family of five was stunned by the rudeness of the captain! He didn't bother to greet passengers as they boarded and he never introduced himself. He spent more time complaining about other boaters than talking about the wildlife. When my sister pointed out a pair of dolphins he gave her a nasty look and made a rude comment before stopping the boat so we could take pictures.
The ride was a litte too long and the seats became uncomfortable after about 45 minutes.
What should have been a relaxing afternoon on the water was ruined by the captain's continuous complaining and unsolicited opinions. We couldn't wait for it to end.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We absolutely loved it!!!! The Captain made sure he stopped and slowed down so we could get our pictures of the dolphins. He also told great facts along the way and made sure he pointed out different birds while cruising along the shoreline. I enjoyed the fresh breath of air and look forward to going back with just me and my husband. Definitely a great experience!

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Don't depend on GPS to get you to the location. It won't. Coming from Indian Harbour Beach, the Public Boat Launch Ramp is not at 41 East Eau Gallie Blvd. It is about a 1/4 mile further up on the left (at the bottom of the Causeway bridge). We sought it out a few days before to make sure we knew where it was. The boat arrived on time and was very clean. Captain Bob was nice, but don't expect that he will entertain you. He is knowledgeable, but a lot of what he says is simply "filler." The primary reason you are taking the tour is to look at dolphins, and we saw so many of them. We also saw manatees. It was a good experience on a beautiful day. I would recommend the experience, and you will get a better deal if you use Groupon.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Do not use GPS alone, the website has better directions, I was not the only one who had this issue and the captain was obviously peeved at us for not following the website directions. Check the website and use those directions and get there early. There is a Port-a-potty at the ramp if needed, and you can bring your own food and drinks. We saw many dolphins, not as much luck with manatees. The captain was very informative and knowledgeable about many species of animals we saw, as well as the history of the homes and businesses along the river. Overall, I felt it was informative and he even went a little over on tinge alotted for us. I would recommend!