“Great room with balcony on the ocean, but some minor issues”

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed at the hotel for an offsite I was at with my company. I was there 4 nights. The room is spacious. I was on the 14th floor and had a sitting room with a desk, couch and TV. The bedroom had a king bed (with a sleep number bed), dresser and great closet space. The bathroom was nice, I liked the way the shower curtain was see-through at eye level so you could see the sun. That was neat. But the best part is the balcony overlooking the ocean. What a sight to watch the sunrise, listen to the ocean and relax. I would leave the sliding glass doors open at night when sleeping so I could listen to the ocean.

The pool bar was really nice as were the decks around the pool area. I didn’t get time to use the pool or hot tub but they nice and clean.

But I did encounter some minor issues. The sleep number bed didn’t seem to work. I pressed it and nothing came on. I had maintenance come up and he seemed to get it to come on, but I still had some issues. I finally got it to work but didn’t notice much difference in the bed. Oh well. The last morning I was there, I had little to no water pressure. So when I flushed the toilet the tank would not refill. I had to manually refill it with the ice bucket. Then the shower barely had a trickle. Eventually it got better but this really caused chaos in my morning. I called the front desk and they said there were no problems that they were aware of and offered another room to shower. No time to do that.

The other issue was the elevator. I was in a conference room on the 16th floor and had to go down around 11:50 to get my luggage and bring it back up to 16th floor. But for some reason the elevator would not come get me to go up. I heard it going by my floor and it stopped for people going down. I waited 15 minutes and eventually went down and dropped my luggage off at the front desk. Quite annoying.

All is all a good hotel. Like the location, the balcony, and the spaciousness. Seems some things could be tweaked a bit.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor for great views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank L1
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear L1,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with the hotel. We appreciate all of your thoughts and concerns about our hotel. We are sorry for any inconvenience that the shower, sleep number bed, and elevator may have caused you. We have passed these concerns on to our management so they can look into these issues and correct them. Thank you again for telling us of these issues so we can correct them. We use these comments to improve on our service to you and to future guests to the hotel.

Thank you again for your review of our hotel. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront

Reviewed 24 February 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the view. All suites have balconies and directly on the ocean. The hotel also faces west so there is a good view from the open walkway in front of all the rooms. Our suite had been "renovated" ; however, the tv in the bedroom was not flat screen and some items of furniture did not match. There was no clock of any kind in the suite!! There was a gap of about 4 inches between the hallway and bathroom entrance that had not been finished off.
We could not access the pay per view movies on the tv even though the maintenance man tried for about an hour. After we tried to open our safe to retrieve our wallet, etc. it would not open. That took a GROUP of three maintenance guys over an hour to fix!!
The bed was a sleep number but I found it warm.
The staff were all quite nice and did comp our breakfast but I don't think that was quite enough. Will not stay there again.

Room Tip: IF you stay here get a suite on an upper floor; view is better. Can use the desk clerks to make din...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2012

All of the rooms in this hotel face the ocean, which is a huge plus! While the hotel has some wear and is in the process of some updating, the rooms are very nice. The room floorplan is large and more well-arranged than most. The sitting area is separated from the bedroom by a door, which is good for privacy. Access to the bathroom can be attained from both the bedroom and from a small hallway that connects directly to the sitting area - another nice feature that makes these suites more like staying in a small apartment. The hallway contains a nicely appointed kitchen/bar area with counter, cabinets, sink, refrigerator, coffee maker & microwave This is nice since it means you don't need to disturb a sleeping partner if you want to use the bathroom or get something to eat or drink.The balcony stretches across the entire front of the unit so you get the view - and sound and breeze if you like - whether you are in the bedroom or the sitting room. The bathroom is a bit small and not spectacular, but it is adequate. The bedrooms have sleep number beds and a TV and are very comfortable. The sitting area is well appointed with TV, sofa, chairs, coffee table and desk. All in all a most comfortable and enjoyable experience. There is direct beach access from the hotel pool and deck area. The staff is friendly and helpful. We did feel that the food and drink was on the expensive side and the selections for snacks and appetizers at the bar were all fried foods. We'd have preferred something less artery clogging. The location right on A1-A is very convenient to shopping and restaurants and it's an easy drive across the causeway to I-95. If you love being directly on the ocean - you can't beat this location.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This past President's Day Week-end (Saturday-2/18/12, Sunday-02/19/12, and Monday- 02/20/12) - my sisters and I took a mid-winter vacation to Melbourne to visit another sister. We stayed @ The Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront. Hotel right on the ocean - great view, great room - and outstanding front desk staff. They could not have been more accommodating. Great pool.

Breakfast consisted only of a buffet-style arrangement - and food was just okay - flame must have gone out on chafing pans as food was in one case cold and in other cases warm. Dinner on Saturday was adequate. Elevators S-L-O-W! Hotel - great; food - not so great. Take care of the "food" shortfall - and the rating would be outstanding.

Room Tip: Great Ocean View...in all rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday 2011. Two nights after tax came to about $275. I believe there was a discount(15%) for staying two nights, more discount for longer stay. Requested floor above 10th, as suggested here in other reviews, got 15th floor, room 1504, I believe. Check-in very pleasant, and speedy, about 10 minutes, got there early, around 2pm, and room was ready. First thing that strikes you upon entering room is view. Entire wall facing ocean is floor to ceiling window. AMAZING view! Room has spacious living area, couch, chair, desk. Seperate bedroom with king size sleep number bed, closet, tv(equipped with game console). Bathroom well decorated, granite countertops, ceramic tile surround in shower, speaking of shower, have your own water heater(in closet of bedroom) so plenty of hot water, pressure was perfect. Small wet-bar/kitchenette with microwave, single serve coffee maker, and mini fridge, also small sink. Balcony can be accessed from living area, as well as bedroom.
Furniture in living area is nothing fancy, couch not too comfortable, but certainly adequate. Star of room of course is the view. My sleep number bed worked fine(I saw other had issues with theirs)it was extremely comfortable. If weather permits open balcony doors, and drift off to sleep with sounds of the ocean, best sleep you will ever get. Balcony was nice, I agree there should be table of some sort, and lounge chair provided. Still quite adequate for coffee in the morning, watching sunrise.
Did not get chance to use any amenities, or eat in restaurant. Walked down to pool area, looked nice. Peeked in fitness center, looked nice as well.
Very nice experience, will definitely return. Room was amazing, great value, for an oceanfront view. Staff I met very pleasant, always a smile, and a nice greeting. If you are looking for a low key, relaxing weekend getaway, this is your spot.

Room Tip: 15th floor, room 1504, great view, clean room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 120nativeFL
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear 120nativeFL

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your very detailed review. We appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for the great suggestion about maybe a having a lounge chair or table on the balcony. We have passed this on to our management team. We appreciate all of your comments. They help us improve our service for you, and for future guests to our hotel.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
0.2 km away
6.8 km away
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
26.0 km away
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites

Been to Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront? Share your experiences!