“BUGS and almost two trips to the ER”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Melbourne
Sebastian Inlet State Recreation Area Campground
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I will never go back to this campground. We've been camping for years and this was the worst camping experience we've ever had. On our first night at this campground our daughter cut her foot on something in the water off the beach and we had to take her to have stiches. If you decide to go, wear water shoes in the water! The second night, our friend was bitten by a huge spider on the bike trail. Luckily he never developed a reaction to the bite. My husband said that the huge spiders were everywhere on the bike trail. The sand fleas were the final straw for me. Before we made our reservations for this campground, I''d read many reviews stating that sand fleas were really bad there, but I made the mistake of ignoring the reviews and we went camping there anyway. The sand fleas at Sebastian were horrendous! My children spent the majority of our trip in our motorhome because it was impossible to sit outside. I currently have hundreds of bites on my legs and back because I had to go outside to grill our dinner. Even bug spray did not help the situation. On the postivie side, I will say that the park rangers were nice and came around quite often. The boat ramp and sand bar near the park were nice. Being able to escape the campground on our boat was our only salvation the entire weekend.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank cpresto2

Reviewed 5 January 2009

Horrible!!! Drunks vomitting in front of the camp hosts RV!!! This is NOT a family campground as it claims to be! There was much drinking, to the point of people puking and passing out in the road, not to mention the lound music and vulgarity. Ranger came and made the offensive campers go to bed, but the behavior shouldn't have been tolerated in a "family" campground. We will never go there again.

13  Thank jpswife