“Pack your Cooler”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Pack your Cooler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

The feel of being isolated but not really. Quiet Island to walk and sit on the sand watch the sun go down and be alone.Just Wonderful times there.

1 Thank Olivia S

Nashville, Tennessee
“STAYED HERE WHEN IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Friend and I actually stayed here for a few nights when it had running water. It never had air conditioning. It was 1990 I guess. Stayed with grandparents of a good friend. Wow, I can’t believe I just stumbled across this. When I was there the water was 40 ft away from the house you can see where the dock was. The island also came to a sharp point that was 100+ yards away. The floor of the house was 2 feet below the windows seen in this picture. I am now searching for a picture of what it looked like when I was there. So many cool stories that happened when I visited this magnificent place in its pristine state. Still just shocked!!

Visited March 2011
deltaraider21
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Interesting trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

We boat in the area often, we keep our boat in Goodlandm FL. This is a great place to take first time visitors. Dome house is interesting. Great pictures of when it was occupied on the wed. Great shark fishing there they say. You can't get there without a boat, and the shelling is great. Get there before the shelling (tourist) boat gets there at noon.

Visited November 2011
Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Terrific!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

It was a bit $$$$ for taking two machines, but well worth it. Avi was our guide and was great. We had a fun time, the pictures he took were awesome. I would totally recommend this.

Visited January 2012
Hutchinson Island, Florida
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“LOVE THIS PLACE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I have been taking a boat here since about 2000. We stumbled upon it one day and we loved it. When I take people boating for the first time I usually take them to the Cape. The old houses are pretty much gone sans the round cement one, but the nature is as great as it ever was.

On any given day you will see manatee, dolphins, sting rays, jelly fish and shark. Be careful is you're going to tie up on land. Do it on the bay side as the Gulf side is much more difficult to navigate and the debris from the old houses is in the water and you could easily harm yourself. The tides are stronger there as well, so watch your boat if you do decide to tie up on the Gulf side (Yes, I grounded us by not paying attention to low tide coming...duh me).

Visited June 2011