“We had a great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Siesta Motel
Miami Beach, Florida
“We had a great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

I just checked the photos here and I couldn´t see any of that in our room. Our room was very fresh, we just came from Orlando where we payed the double and this was better. Also A HUGE PLUS for the kitchen so we easily could cook ourself.
Will absolutely go back to this place whenever I return to the Keys.
/Jimmy & Michelle (stayed in room nr 7)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
frank_siesta, Owner at Siesta Motel, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thanks for the great review. Hopefully we will see you again soon !!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dallas, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

Avoid this place! If you look at the date on the reviews, most are very old. I booked the 3 bedroom effeciency based on the pictures and information on their website. Nobody ever told me that this unit was actually an old double wide trailor. Their slogan, "Cleanest rooms in Paradise", couldn't be more inaccurate. When I arrived at the motel, I asked to see the facility and what I saw made me change my mind about staying there. I found mold in the bathroom. The tub was old an worn to the point where I wouldn't have taken a shower unless I was wearing shoes. It looked terrible. This unit was a block from the office, in a run down area with a gravel driveway. The barbecue was a very old $100 one that looked disgusting...I would have never cooked anything on it. When I asked to cancel my ... If you look at the date on the reviews, most are very old. I booked the 3 bedroom effeciency based on the pictures and information on their website. Nobody ever told me that this unit was actually an old double wide trailor. Their slogan, "Cleanest rooms in Paradise", couldn't be more inaccurate. When I arrived at the motel, I asked to see the facility and what I saw made me change my mind about staying there. I found mold in the bathroom. The tub was old an worn to the point where I wouldn't have taken a shower unless I was wearing shoes. It looked terrible. This unit was a block from the office, in a run down area with a gravel driveway. The barbecue was a very old $100 one that looked disgusting...I would have never cooked anything on it. When I asked to cancel my reservation, the lady that I spoke with (I believe it was Tina) became very rude and would not even discuss a refund (partial or otherwise). There is no security for this facility and if you need anything, you have to walk to the office door and call someone to come help you. I would never recommend this motel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank SteveL56

Travellers are raving about these Marathon Shores hotels

Warwick, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Just spent 3 nights in the the 3 bedroom efficiency. Manager and staff were very friendly. Place was clean and neat. This is a motel- not a spa and not a hotel. If you want safe, cheap, clean and neat while checking out Marathon, this would be a good choice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BeachgirlRI
frank_siesta, Owner at Siesta Motel, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Thanks for the great review. You hit it right on the head - we offer clean, affordable & comfortable rooms. We enjoyed having you as a guest and hope you can visit again soon !

Frank
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

No reviews said that it was literally across the street from the airport. I should've looked at the map before I booked this. Also the beds were terrible, very hard, for a moment I thought maybe I was sitting on the box spring then realized it was the mattress. It was a little dingy, but the bathroom was clean as was the kitchenette. Also the guy who checked me in was very friendly. Wifi worked great. A/c worked fine. All in all I should've checked out the location a little better. I won't stay again.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Bumblebeepickle2
frank_siesta, Owner at Siesta Motel, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Thanks for the mostly good review.. With regards to the airport - you failed to mention that it is a private airport with no commercial airlines. We probably have 3 or 4 small private planes land daily. No big jets or loud noise so I do not understand why there being a small airport was a problem.

Our rooms have the original Terrazzo floors and we get compliments on them all the time. The Miami Herald wrote a fabulous vacation article that even praised our floors and the original 50's era tile bathrooms. Dingy ?? no.. Nostalgic.. Yes..

Hopefully you will change your mind and visit us again!

Frank
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stayed in the house/ trailer which was just 20 yards down the side road from the main rooms.It was very spacious and clean but very out dated.The bed was comfortable and you could not hear the noise from the main road.The price was reasonable and I would say it is just about an OK place to stay if you want to travel down to Key West and back in a day.If you have time Sombrero Beach is just a short drive away.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
0.3 km away
Kingsail Resort Motel
Kingsail Resort Motel
#13 of 16 in Marathon

Been to Siesta Motel? Share your experiences!