“"Fish, Fun, and Sun"”
Review of Salty Dog Charters

Salty Dog Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Salty Dog Charters offers private fishing charters out of Johns Pass in Treasure Island Florida. *We also offer party boat seating every Wednesday (November-February)
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Great trip w/ Salty Dog & Captain Brandon! Took us out and immediately put us on the fish. I think we caught 13 different species including some nice keeper Hogfish and snapper. Took them to Rick's Reef for the "you hookem, we cookem" special and they were delicious. Captain Brandon was knowledgeable and entertained us all day. Had bite on nearly every cast. Will definitely contact Salty Dog next trip!

Mark V, Owner at Salty Dog Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Thanks guys for sharing your experience - see ya next trip!

All reviews
"gulf"
"boat"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This was our second trip out with Captain Brandon and Salty Dog Charters. As with the first trip, booking was easy, communication was excellent, service was superior, and most importantly the experience was a fun one. Throw on top the fact that we generally are fishing during the hotter months and Brandon still puts us on fish, and you have a repeat winner in my book. Have made both kids and adults only trips and Brandon has handled both perfectly. Can't say enough about this outfit. Keep up the good work guys, we will be back for sure!

1  Thank phunter9704
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Hats off to Captain Brandon and Salty Dog. My adult son and I signed up for a half day morning trip - at probably the worst time for fishing in the Gulf! Lol. It did not matter! We showed up a little early but Brandon was ready and we were on our way before our "scheduled" departure. Boat was a bit smaller than expected but was fine given it was just the two of us. Within a half hour or so, we were on fish. Bottom fishing was the play of the day, but so much fun! Collectively we caught at least 10 different species of fish and were reeling and pulling the entire tiime! Ended up with hogfish, sea bass, gray snapper, porgie, and king fish (off the bottom with shrimp!) for dinners at the condo. No keeper grouper, but came close with a few. Also caught trigger fish, remora, and squirrel fish together with a few others we can't remember. All in all, a great time and you can't beat Brandon as a captain. Thanks guys! We will be back!

Mark V, Owner at Salty Dog Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thanks guys for the great review. Look forward to your next trip.

Tight Lines Til Then!

Capt Brandon

Reviewed 14 December 2016

Booking was simple, departure location great. Captain got us out on the fish fast and moved around to get us into different species. Service was great and the skipper knew how to handle the boat and equipment to maximize our fishing experience. Strongly recommend.

1  Thank rbeason
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 November 2016

We went out on a half day morning fishing trip with Brandon. My husband, son in law, his friend and myself (the only girl) had a great time! It was fun to start out catching our bait, then we went out about 13 miles, we fished in one area for awhile with not much luck, so we moved to another area and the fish were biting immediately! I did alot of feeding the fish shrimp, as I couldn't seem to catch them quick enough! My son in law and his friend were much luckier than myself and my hubby. They caught grey snapper, some hogfish and my son in law reeled in a pretty big king mackerel (about 25 lbs). Brandon was super helpful with him and gave him great advise and help to get it in the boat. We stayed out longer than the 4 hours and that was great too. Brandon was a great guy and very experienced fisherman! He cleaned all our fish and we ate fish for two days and gave some to a relative as we were flying home the next day. I would highly recommend fishing with Salty Dog!!

1  Thank amychris45