“Fun day of fishing with Brandon”
Review of Salty Dog Charters

Salty Dog Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Salty Dog Charters offers private fishing charters out of Johns Pass in Treasure Island Florida. *We also offer party boat seating every Wednesday (November-February)
Reviewed 16 November 2016

We went out on a half day morning fishing trip with Brandon. My husband, son in law, his friend and myself (the only girl) had a great time! It was fun to start out catching our bait, then we went out about 13 miles, we fished in one area for awhile with not much luck, so we moved to another area and the fish were biting immediately! I did alot of feeding the fish shrimp, as I couldn't seem to catch them quick enough! My son in law and his friend were much luckier than myself and my hubby. They caught grey snapper, some hogfish and my son in law reeled in a pretty big king mackerel (about 25 lbs). Brandon was super helpful with him and gave him great advise and help to get it in the boat. We stayed out longer than the 4 hours and that was great too. Brandon was a great guy and very experienced fisherman! He cleaned all our fish and we ate fish for two days and gave some to a relative as we were flying home the next day. I would highly recommend fishing with Salty Dog!!

1  Thank amychris45
"gulf"
"boat"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 10 November 2016

I went out today with my older brother and Brandon was our Captain. What an excellent time we had. I have used other charters in the Tampa Bay area, but none of them come close to the caliber of Salty Dog Charters.
Captain Brandon was the most excellent Captain one could have. The reels were spinning, rods were bent, and we were hauling in King Mackerel, Hogfish, and even a nice A.J. that we released.
Bobbie also took care of the arrangements very well also.
If you want to experience something that you won't forget, use Salty Dog Charters.
Tim D.
Tampa, FL

2  Thank Tim D
Mark V, Owner at Salty Dog Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2016

We are so glad you had a great time.
Come back and see us!
Capt Brandon & Crew

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We went on a 1/2 day fishing trip with Captain Brandon on August 23,2016. Smooth ride to our fishing destination and once our hooks were dropped....FISH ON! We had a blast catching Snapper and Grouper with plenty for the fish box to take home and enjoy! Captain Brandon did an awesome job and we will most def be back for another trip next year! Great Friends, Beautiful waters and a Great Captain make for a great day of Fishing the Gulf! Until our next Adventure!

1  Thank traciloveroberts
Reviewed 17 August 2016

My family and I went out August 2nd with Captain Brandon and his first mate Doug. Let me say they were great to fish with. They were both friendly and very professional. We went out on the bluewater morning trip. The first stop the fish weren't really biting that great so without hesitation we moved to another. We got a couple gray snapper, but they wanted to get us on some grouper. After another move the fish started biting. We caught a couple keeper grouper and would have had more if a barracuda hadn't shown up and decided to make a couple of them his own. Also caught 2 cobia but unfortunately they weren't keepers. When we got back to the dock they filleted all we caught and we ended up with lots of tasty fish to take home.
I would not hesitate to charter with Salty Dog Charters again. We would have gone out with the guys again but they were booked solid the rest of the week. So book well in advance of your planned trip to make sure you can get the day you want.
Again it was a great experience, Thanks Captain Brandon and Doug you guys were awesome.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We went out on a six hour trip hoping to catch a few fish to celebrate my 70th birthday. My hopes were not met, they were FAR EXCEEDED! From my grandson dropping the first line and getting an immediate hit, to the end of the day's filleting of the great catch, this was a wonderful family experience. Captain Brandon and first mate Doug were tremendous with all we inexperienced fishermen. I could not have asked for a better birthday present. Kudos to Bobbie who fields all phone inquiries. Very pleasant and helpful to work with. I look forward to my next trip with Salty Dog. Thank you Brandon and Doug!