All reviewsacross the streetjohn's passpublic parkinggreat layoutbalcony viewfamily vacationnice condowasher and dryersliding doorbath unitslow elevatorbubba gumpsbusy roadliving areagulf blvdwe've stayedheated pool
Reviewed 28 February 2018

We stayed in Unit #206, we found this unit to be in need of repair. Had cracks in walls due to water damage, header board fro Vertical Blinds @ Sliding Glass Doors is pulling from the wall due to same water damage. Carpet needs to be replaced and the tile floors are dirty and need to be cleaned. The lighting is minimal. All the Balcony furniture was broken and the owners refused to provide replacements. If it wasn't for Sun Host Management being able to locate some loaner balcony furniture we would have had none during our stay. Would think secondly before renting this unit.

Room Tip: Do not select Unit #206
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We stayed in unit 406 Beach Place. It is so "beachy" inside, really cute decor. Views from all rooms are gorgeous. Clean, modern, roomy. Love being within walking distance of everything we needed. Once you get there, you don't need transportation, just flip flops.

Room Tip: The rooms ending in 06 or 12 are end units with better views of beaches. If you don't like to hear kids in the pool, don't rent B106 or B206
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank msbeachbum2015
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

This was a Family got away.
2 adults and 4 adult children .
the resort itself is quite old , but fairly well maintained and clean.
The unit itself was fine seemed quite clean .
our issue was it was right next to the public parking ,there was a lot of "activity" at night not all of which I'm sure was legal. I would definitely request a unit away from the public parking.
the view is great !
we have been coming to this area for 25 years. Love that this resort is right across the street from John's Pass.
I would have given this Resort 5 stars, but the pool heater was broke the entire 7 days that we were here
it was chilly out and we would have gone swimming had the heater worked.
but we didn't because the water was just too cold

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lesled
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Location to Johns Pass Boardwalk is perfect. Bedding and towels where clean. Floors could be cleaner. Loved that there was a washer/drier right in the unit. Living room TV didn't have a remote that worked. Sunsets are incredible. Heated pool was awesome.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank nmorin1973
Reviewed 19 December 2017

I searched in November for a 3 bedroom condo for our family vacation on Spring Break 2018 and found what I thought would be the perfect place for our family of 7! Beach Place condo #412 was available, and we were so excited! I booked the condo, put the required deposit down and received a confirmation right away. Two weeks later, I received a call and email stating our condo had been cancelled!! I called and spoke with a representative who said the owners decided they wanted the condo for that date now...I was floored. I had searched long and hard for exactly the right spot for our family and now had to start over. The representative for Sun Host resorts said they had looked at their other locations but all were booked. Believe me, I already knew that! I spent a big portion of that very day searching again and found a comparable condo a couple of miles up the road. Then, just last week received another email from Sun Host resorts stating the owners now decided they did not need the condo for those dates and would be happy to give us first choice at renting our original week. No thank you!! I will never be put in that stressful situation again and rent from Sun Host...terrible business practice!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family