“Quite remarkable”

Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Private path leading to one of the best sections of Madeira Beach
King size bed in the master bedroom with cable TV, private balcony, and an extra large bathroom
King size bed in the master bedroom with cable TV, private balcony, large closet, and an extra large bathroom
A view from the Master Bedroom balcony
Fourth bedroom with two twins and cable TV, located on the main floor
Third bedroom upstairs with a full size bed
An extra large master bathroom with double sinks and a double shower
Guest bathroom
Guest bathroom
small splash pool just outside the back door
Private tiki bar and grill
Private path leading to a primo spot on Madeira Beach
Downtown St. Pete Shopping
Gardens, Animals, Rides and Family Adventure at Busch Gardens
John's Pass Village with Local Fishing Restaurants, Bubba Gumps, & Hooters
Boardwalk at John's Pass Village
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Quite remarkable”
Reviewed 9 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

Maybe it's just me, and getting to middle age and becoming a little fussy with things but I never quite expected this accommodation to be quite as good as what it actually was.
No problems or complaints from start to finish.
We arrived for our one week stay on Saturday 24th October, 5 adults, my two daughters aged 18 and 14, and our 3 year old son.
First impression ; Wow! The pictures on the website don't do it justice. Each room was immaculately furnished, it had clearly been polished and clean for our arrival. Full air conditioning throughout.
The master bedroom overlooks the beach, has its own balcony, and a bathroom suitable for a whole family, but just the parents-in-law used it, they were very lucky. The other two bathrooms were more than suitable (understatement!). The other three bedrooms are all doubles, and really well furnished and immaculately cleaned.
The kitchen area, dining area and lounge area were superb. Very well laid out, allowing for people to sit and relax in their own space or to sit together and chat about the day's activities.
The huge seller for this property though is surely the location....
My fondest memory of the trip was undoubtedly waking each morning with my 3 year old son, and walking 15 metres down the wooden path to the beach, and as I'm gently coming round with cups of coffee, he is spotting Dolphins swimming past, this happened daily. Not only this, but later in the day we were swimming in this sea and the Dolphins were approximately 5-6 metres away. We British aren't used to such things. The beach was lovely, unspoilt, white sand, and there was miles of it. Fifteen minutes walk along the beach is Johns Pass village and Boardwalk, which is a great place for watching the 'catches of the day' come in and also for 'sightseeing shoppers'...a bit too commercial for me !
Back to the accommodation; we had two cars, and there was a double garage to fit both cars in easily. Store room at the back of the garage with ample toys for the kids to use in the small pool. The pool itself is suitable for all ages, but more ideal to 'young non swimmers' , our 3 year old loved it, but we all messed around in there during the week. Don't be expecting a swimming pool, it's only 5metres x 3 metres approx. there's a cover provided so when not used & if you BBQ or something it's perfectly safe.

All in all we would highly recommend this property. We travelled from the UK to visit family who lived about 20mins drive away. It was worth paying that extra amount for the quality of accommodation and also the 'staying in a house' convenience instead of a hotel where you would say meet in the lobby. . As I walked on the beach throughout the week I was approached by 3 separate people who asked me how I'd rented the house, and how I'd found it, so it clearly impressed the passers by aswell.
Just a couple of cautionary notes ;
1. During our stay there was no one staying in the attached property or the one next to that ( left as you look from the beach). My thoughts would be it may get a bit crowded by the splash area, and perhaps you would lose that privacy that we enjoyed all week if people were staying there.
2. The time of year we travelled was late October, I couldn't believe how quiet it was. We had one day rain (torrential), the rest of the week was 85-90degrees.

If I could guarantee the weather, the Dolphins , and the privacy I would go every year however our budget doesn't permit but will instead be returning In two years...fact.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: my bed, very creaky
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Dawn F
“Mediocre”
Reviewed 26 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

Great location near johns pass and right on the beach. But it stops there. There were many things wrong with the rental. The hot tub/pool did not work. The beds were terrible (master was ok). The AC unit leaked the whole time on one of the beds. The cooking supplies were bad; pots and the can opener was broken. The walls had tons and tons of scuffs on them. It seems as if they do not invest in keeping the place kept up. For the amount of money that you spend I would think things would work and look kept up. Also, if you love coffee, bring your own coffee pot. Yuck!

West Yellowstone, Montana
Reviewed 1 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the beach
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing