“Awesome BBQ & Brisket at local hangout”

Angry Pepper Waterside
Ranked #19 of 85 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Price range: USD 8 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Description: The idea at Angry Pepper is takin' some of the best American cuisine blended with Southern style flare and BBQ smoked with real hardwoods in our private smokehouse and adding a beautiful sunset as a backdrop. Throw in a full liquor bar and a huge selection of Craft and local beers...what more do ya' want? You can get to The Angry Pepper by LAND or SEA. Just pull up the Pontoon boat and get yer self some of the best food around. Ya just know good stuff is gonna happen when ya combine craft beers and delicious Southern fare!
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Noticed this place as we stayed at the Courtyard in Madeira Beach. Walked over from there and so glad that we did. They have great food! My husband’s favorite is the smoked brisket sandwich, menu says “You don’t need no teef to eat this beef” and that’s true, practically melts in your mouth!
From pulled pork, brisket and chicken, it is all smoked and delicious! Their sides are great too. My husband loves this place and we ate there twice during our stay. Restaurant is your typical Floridian old rustic, local feel. Place has indoor and outdoor eating right on the canal. Place is accessible by boat. Only draw back is they have limited parking. So if you are staying close by, I would walk if you can. This is a our go to place when we stay in the St Pete Beach area. Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

We were staying nearby and chose Angry Pepper for convenience. Wow- we were just delighted with our meal. The brisket, grilled vegetables, sweet potato fries were perfect. The waitress was sweet funny and responsive. Great meal!

Reviewed 7 February 2018

deals on food and drinks every day. check on line for daily specials. Tuesday is tacos.lots of beer and liquor deals

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I am a BBQ snob a Certified Master BBQ Judge for KCBS and former member of a First Place team in the American Royal, besting more than 420 teams from all over the World in the Brisket competition. It was my pleasure to have lunch at The Angry Pepper recently.
Finally a restaurant serving brisket from the "point" the most flavorable of 2 cuts from the whole brisket,ender and melting in my mouth.
It is served with sauce. Personally I prefer not to have it sauced, but that is my personal preference. My belief is that good meat does not need sauce. They were not hiding anything with the sauce; it is darned good meat naked. I was told that I could request it without sauce and more “bark”;. almost no bark on my serving. When I return and have the brisket served without sauce and less trimming, I will have more information to truly judge it.
My favorite sides were the Smokey baked beans, onion rings and fried green tomatoes. My wife's pulled pork was excellent. I prefer a vinegar based Cole slaw compared to their creamy slaw; just my preference to cut thru the smoke and fat of pork and brisket.
Selection of beers on tap was incredible and the staff offered several for me to sample since I did not recognize many of them. Surprise! Blind tasting resulted in my choosing one of my favs, Bell's Two Hearted Ale.
I really appreciate Steve, the bit master taking time on a busy afternoon to talk with me.
The fact that I only gave 4 stars is because I need to tase the brisket without sauce. The serving was very generous.
WELL DONE ANGY PEPPER! As Arnold said: "I'LL BE BACK"!

1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

My husband had the half rack of ribs, it was wonderful, portion so large we took two ribs home. I had the pulled pork dinner, the chili and slaw sides we amazing, the pulled pork needed a lot of the house bbq sauce but it was there to be added. Don’t miss the Bloody Mary, can you say bacon! Denise was our server, she was attentive, efficient and friendly.

Bonus, we watched a Blue Heron fish for his lunch off the pier while we ate ours. Parking can be an issue.

1  Thank sharronsibley