All reviews stay at la quinta steak and shake room was clean easy access right next door convenient location oatmeal staff was friendly the breakfast area pets ihop florida mall exit hurricane rates highway
Reviewed 10 August 2018

The La Quinta was filled with many families celebrating reunions. While it was boisterous and crowded in the hallways, we were surprised and happy to find inside the Exec King first floor pool facing room VERY quiet. The breakfast bar was spotless and plentiful with splurges like waffles or sausage gravy with biscuits to sensible yogurt, fruit, HB eggs, juices and cereal. Several coffee and tea blends were there all day. Our geriatric dogs had ample walking area and there are two bag cleanup stations. The patio and gazebo areas were shaded and pleasant despite triple digit August temps. I'd like to know their secret for keeping it a no mosquito zone because we were able to relax outdoors as a couple or with our pets. The fitness room, pool and hot tub were stocked with towels. We experienced one inconvenience Sunday morning which we asked the manager about and it was immediately addressed and solved.

Room Tip: Our room was Exec King first floor facing pool. We were surprised at how very quiet it was despite an all day pool occupancy.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
John L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us and we're so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We truly hope for the opportunity to be of service again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

My family was staying with them due to lightning strike at our home. The rooms were clean, beds were super comfy very nice pool and hot tub. Super nice staff that went above and beyond to make us feel like we still were at home. As for some of the allegations I've read. We had a note in the room on the desks everywhere one must have been blind not to see the water was gonna be turned off and during our 2 month stay the pool was only down for a total of 2 days. John and his team are amazing I give them 5 stars and will be back to stay again even living right down the road

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so very much for the great review and we are thrilled to have been of service. We miss you and your family and hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
John L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel was a great price and I chose it because it had a pool. However, when I arrived, I was informed the pool was out of order....go figure. You couldn't even sit by the pool for sun.

Once I got to my room and all unpacked, I noticed the A.C. wouldn't kick on. It too was broken and I had to switch rooms. Very inconvenient!

There are a few nice features. The hotel is very centrally located with lots of shopping and restaurants near by. The rooms are very clean, but the hallways are not and smell of urine. Breakfast is mediocre. Free WiFi and parking is nice but given all the choices in the area, you can do better.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
John L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thank you for staying with us and please accept our deepest apologies for not being at our best. Our pool's pump went out unexpectedly and by state code, we had to close it down until our contractor could come fix it which has since been done. We should have done a better job making sure the air conditioner in your original room was in great working order and I will share your feedback to my housekeeping and maintenance staff to make sure that we do a better job going forward. Again, my apologies.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I expected this hotel to be more updated by the photos but it wasn’t. The tile in the bathrooms has stuck on dirt from maybe poor cleaning in the past. But overall it was clean comfy and quiet for a nights stay. I think the price is a little high being as it isn’t as updated as other hotels in the area! But I would recommend for a one nights stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Makayla J
John L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you for staying with us and we apologize for not exceeding the high level of hospitality expected of us. We will continue to work hard to do a better job and we hope to see you again soon so that we can show you our usual hospitality. Again, our apologies.