“Terriffic steaks, shrimp, drinks and service”

Texas Cattle Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas Cattle Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 451 Restaurants in Lakeland
Price range: USD 20 - USD 40
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Main Street & S Lake Ave
Description: For over 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select USDA Prime and Choice, three year old grain-fed beef. We steer clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida citrus and oak wood. At Texas Cattle Company, our pledge is to exceed the expectations of our guests by providing highly personalized service, signature steaks and the freshest seafood prepared to perfection. We ensure the most exceptional dining experience, leaving our guests with a desire to return for more!
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This is a special place to enjoy great food and excellent service. We go on special occasions with friends that want extra good beef and seafood. They don't disappoint. They consistently offer tender tasty steaks and don't forget to top it with truffle butter. It is great. The service is consistently good and the managers constantly check with the customers to make sure they are having the best dining experience possible. If it is not right, they will see to it that you are satisfied before you leave. The seem to genuinely care about the quality and service of their restaurant.

Management response:Responded 2 August 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback I'm happy that your recent dining experience was so pleasurable for you and your guests.our goal is always to provide fantastic food with impeccable service we look forward to seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for Texas Cattle Company

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Read reviews and was hoping for a first rate steak dinner. The server was nice but really sold the add-ones and extras increasing our bill. The problem was that she quoted us prices for wine, then charged us more. When I brought it to her attention, she made no attempt to correct it and just said that has been the price in the past, admitting that she was wrong. So I took it off of her tip instead. First time in a long time I haven't given at least 18%. The meat was good, not great and I would highly recommend not adding on the extras like the butter. It is $4 per steak and not that great. The wine was expensive for a per glass charge ($13 per glass, quoted $12 per glass). The salad was simple but tasted ok, the bread was good. It took a long time to get the salads, the bread and then the meals. We spent well over 2 hours there. The sides were good. We probably would go elsewhere given a choice if in the area again.

Management response:Responded 2 August 2017

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent dining experience. we take great pride not only in providing quality steaks and seafood but in our Service as well I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally in regards to your experience please feel free to reach out to me at your earliest convenience.

Steve cimino

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We went for my son's graduation party and there were three of us. The food was quite good, the only exception was the escargot, too much oil and salt. The Tomahawk Ribeye was exquisite but had Too much fat on it, the Filet was awesome! The only thing we weren't happy with was that they put us between two families with very young children, and I love kids but they should have been taught some restaurant manners!! These kids were loud, obnoxious, acting too much like the kids they were, and throwing food? They should have taken them to a more appropriate place? I asked the waiter to move us to a more quiet area where we could enjoy each other's company but he basically ignored my request? He was very nice but... Anyway overall the food was great just make sure you're not sitting next to that family...lol.

Management response:Responded 2 August 2017

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your escargot and that your requests were not met we take great pride not only in our food but in our service. I certainly would like an opportunity to discuss some of the issues you faced please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I had dinner on a busy Saturday night, and the food was excellent. The service, by Karley, was amazing. Very attentive, but not overbearing.

I liked my experience so much I repeated last night. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE service. Took 13 minutes to get a glass of water and any attention from the server. I politely pointed it out to the manager, who promised the rest of the service would be great. Appetizer came out. Good. Table cleared. Then well over 10 minutes elapsed and I asked the server for my salad. 5 minutes later it came to the table drowning in dressing and he indicated he put extra dressing on it -- I hadn't asked. Spoke to the manager who I commented about the over dressed salad. He switched servers. I asked for a properly dressed salad and asked me if I wanted it without dressing. I paid for my appetizer and drink and left.

Just a HORRIBLE experience. Despite the quality of the food, I just can't imagine ever repeating.

Donald,

I am very disheartened to hear of your recent dining experience clearly there were many issues that you endored that were quite avoidable on our part for that I sincerely apologize. I can assure you we as a management team take these types of issues quite seriously I would like an opportunity to talk with you in hopes that we can continue to earn your business. Please feel free to email me anytime .

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

A local hot spot in downtown lakeland. Good atmosphere you think you are in Texas. Service good, answered all questions well about the different ways of having the steaks prepared. The salmon is very good, they have their own way of cedar planking it.
The baked potatoes come to your liking, but if you order it loaded be ready to be wheeled out. Lots and lots of everything. The deserts are large portions & shareable for sure.
A return.