“Great local Barbecue”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Whilst staying locally myself and family found this great little restaurant. It has everything you could ask for, quirky, friendly staff, a good happy hour and fantastic food. No complaints what-so-ever. My son claimed that they had the "best ribs he had ever tasted'
I would recommend all day long!

There are newer reviews for Manny's Original Chop House

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Stopping at Mannys for the only meal I had for the day on my business trip to Lakeland and it was a great choice. I had the ribs with a side of beer and hit the spot. Friendly bartender and fun crowd in the bar helped ease a long day.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Went to Manny's for the first time, in March, for my sister's birthday. I had previously heard it was an expensive restaurant. It actually is very reasonable, for a steakhouse.
Of course they have a few pricy choices, but you can get a very decent steak in the $10 to $12 range, They're not huge steaks for that price, but plenty big enough for me.
Since going in March, my husband and I have been back 3 more times. Taking friends of ours along on the last two. They also love the place.
First off, the tables have cloths, but are covered with plain paper, which they change for each seating. The waiter's all greet you, and write their names upside down on the paper, so that you can read their names. Really helps to remember them. lol .Wonder how long it takes them to learn how to write upside down?
You get a choice of soup, or they bring a big bowl of salad to the table, to share.
The rolls are hot, soft, and yummy, with reg or cinnamon butter.
Our steaks have always been delicious. They also have prime rib, which my husband adores.
One word of caution. If you normally order your steak med well, just order it med, and it will be perfect. I found med well, comes out a bit dry.
We will definitely be going back to Manny's over and over.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

went with a party 7,,seated right away..2 in our party order chicken..when food was brought out was told there was no chicken..so there we are 5 with food ..other 2 ordered something else..then the waiter came back and said they found the chicken..hmmm road kill??others had steak..not cooked to order ,,food was cold..road house and longhorn much better..asked to see manager..when she finally made it over to us told and about problems and told her going to write a review..her response was go ahead..

Thank Peter M. L
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Me and my wife were in town for a family reunion and were told by the hotel staff we stayed in to come here. The atmosphere was great along with the decor. Food was delicious..but...wish we would have sat in the restaurant instead of at the bar. The bar was only somewhat busy but each of our drinks stayed empty for around 3-5 mins on average. The bartender was exactly happy to be there either. I never judge as you never know what is going on outside (or inside) work. However, we really enjoyed the food and the salad was amazing. I learned sitting there, locals love it here too but also say the same thing about the bartender(s). We will certainly be back when we come back to Lakeland but just not to the bar seating.