“Lunch with Dad”
Review of Saigon Bistro

Saigon Bistro
Ranked #30 of 451 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Brand new, so not much info out there other than Yelp reviews.
Description: Brand new, so not much info out there other than Yelp reviews.
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My dad and I had the stir-fry lunch special - he had chicken, I had shrimp! It was excellent. We also had spring rolls. Service is fast and friendly!

There are newer reviews for Saigon Bistro

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

First time eating dinner here and won't be the last. It is a bit loud in there due to the ceramic floor but a nice decor.
We started off with steames veggie dumplings. They were not as hot as i like but very tasty. My daughter enjoyes her boba tea and I had green tea. Only draw back on the tea is a tea bag in your first cup and pot of hot water vs a pot of tea.
Our intial server seemed a bit distant but the next server was great. We talked about Thailand and food.
I had the red coconut curry hot asked for thai hot but wasn't close tp being hot to me. Packed full of flavor though. I did enjoy the flavor added some Thai chili and olek chili and spiced it up.
My daughter had the rice plate with fried tofu. She enjoyed it very much. We both look forward to going again.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

They claim to have gluten free options and they do, but what that really means is that you can have a choice of two types of soup and nothing else. We left. I had liked the food before, but they are not very helpful if you need a special diet.

The waitress didn't even try to be helpful and had no clue what gluten free means. They advertise that they have gluten free options.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Lunch combo with chicken teryaki, sticky rice and grilled veggies was so tasty and even had leftovers for later. Will definitely be returning for more.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We enjoy everything about Saigon Bistro. Its fast, cozy, and the food is consistently great. We eat here several times a month, both dinning in and picking up! The food is always excellent. Even if you think you will not like Vietnamese cuisine, start off with Huygens favorite dish (a beef and rice dish with this amazing sauce) and I promise you will be hooked.

The reason I gave it 4 out of 5 is only because when I order take out, their quality of customer service declines. I have never had a bad experience dinning in but, for some reason when I call an order in and go to pick it up they seem reluctant and annoyed to stop and help. Please don't let that stop you from trying this place. As long as you dine in you'll be happy you did!