“Nice brucnh”

Garden Bistro
Ranked #19 of 452 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Close to park, overlooks lake, gardens nearby. Homemade soups, cakes and pies.
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

It's a quaint restaurant in downtown Lakeland. The restaurant has a nice view of lake mirror. They have seating indoors which is air conditioned but I recommend you guys to seat in the patio. On a beautiful day, the view is as good as the food. I had the eggs florentine and it was phenomenal. It wasn't on the menu but the server suggested it to me and I wasn't disappointed. Staff was nice and attentive. The prices were reasonable. I would definitely bring friends and family from out of town to this restaurant because I think they will enjoy it. And I would definitely come back here for brunch.

There are newer reviews for Garden Bistro

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We have enjoyed many luncheons with friends, family and business associates.
The salads and sandwiches were delicious and often order take out for the staff.
The views are always so exceptional of the lake. My guests often request to visit,
again and never disappointed.
Our service was also very prompt, without being rushed. We always enjoy lunching
or take out, as the food is exceptional. Thank you for continued great service and delicious food. Dr. Gerard Hubbell &
Peggy Hubbell

Reviewed 9 May 2017

My family and I went here for lunch. It was a gorgeous sunny day. It was busy so the service was a little slow, but when our sandwiches arrived, they were delicious! The pond view was very charming.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Salads were delicious but piece of carrot cake not worth the price.
Seated outside was delightful with a view of Lake Mirror.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a casual and friendly - almost rustic - place to eat in a very attractive setting. We visited for a late lunch and were quickly attended to by the friendly staff. The menu has mainly salads and sandwiches, and there is plenty of variety. I ordered a burger and my friend a Greek salad. The burger was good, although quite well done which might not suit everyone (I wasn't asked how I wanted the burger done). The side was good - really tasty potato salad. The salad looked great, with plenty of it and freshness seemed to leap out from it. I suspect salads are all good here.

The cakes looked great but we didn't try them (sadly!)

Prices were reasonable and the surroundings comfortable and relaxed. Parking is plentiful and this helps make it a great alternative to Downtown for lunch. Definitely worth looking up if you need a light and delicious lunch.

In summary:

+ tasty food
+ friendly and efficient staff
+ short but interesting menu
+ handy location

- not a lot.

Key question - would I eat here again?

1  Thank Anthony D