“Great view, delicious food”
Review of Garden Bistro

Garden Bistro
Ranked #21 of 451 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Close to park, overlooks lake, gardens nearby. Homemade soups, cakes and pies.
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We have enjoyed many luncheons with friends, family and business associates.
The salads and sandwiches were delicious and often order take out for the staff.
The views are always so exceptional of the lake. My guests often request to visit,
again and never disappointed.
Our service was also very prompt, without being rushed. We always enjoy lunching
or take out, as the food is exceptional. Thank you for continued great service and delicious food. Dr. Gerard Hubbell &
Peggy Hubbell

There are newer reviews for Garden Bistro

Reviewed 9 May 2017

My family and I went here for lunch. It was a gorgeous sunny day. It was busy so the service was a little slow, but when our sandwiches arrived, they were delicious! The pond view was very charming.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Salads were delicious but piece of carrot cake not worth the price.
Seated outside was delightful with a view of Lake Mirror.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a casual and friendly - almost rustic - place to eat in a very attractive setting. We visited for a late lunch and were quickly attended to by the friendly staff. The menu has mainly salads and sandwiches, and there is plenty of variety. I ordered a burger and my friend a Greek salad. The burger was good, although quite well done which might not suit everyone (I wasn't asked how I wanted the burger done). The side was good - really tasty potato salad. The salad looked great, with plenty of it and freshness seemed to leap out from it. I suspect salads are all good here.

The cakes looked great but we didn't try them (sadly!)

Prices were reasonable and the surroundings comfortable and relaxed. Parking is plentiful and this helps make it a great alternative to Downtown for lunch. Definitely worth looking up if you need a light and delicious lunch.

In summary:

+ tasty food
+ friendly and efficient staff
+ short but interesting menu
+ handy location

- not a lot.

Key question - would I eat here again?

1  Thank Anthony D
Reviewed 4 April 2017

I have visited Garden Bistro many times over the years - the last two times were very disappointing. Last Saturday I was on a photo kick and had been taking pics at the garden and the Lake-stopped for lunch. The soup French onion, was bland and tasteless- the sandwich was average, good, but not great but the dessert was the worst. I had the chocolate "caramel" cake- very dry - to the point of stale tasting- the caramel was a cup of caramel sauce you dumped on the cake - probably to cover the dryness. Awful - shame on them. The visit before this last April, their potato soup was so bad I couldn't finish it. Not sure what is going on - but I'll take my lunch next time! Sad it used to be wonderful -now not so much now.
This location is so beautiful - I feel the owners are sliding by because of it. However, spending $20 for a mediocre ham sandwich and dry cake just won't keep us coming back- sorry.

1  Thank caravan47