“Romantic Dinner”

Ranked #30 of 481 Restaurants in Lakeland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Our dinner was very romantic and intimate. The restaurant is in a quaint old house. The service was wonderful. The meal was fabulous. We each had a cup of the soup of the day. My husband had the Crab Cake Dinner and I had the Chicken Marsala. The presentation was perfectly appetizing and the taste was out of this world good. We even had desert which was a 4 layer decadent chocolate cake which had a moist delicate texture that made your mouth scream for more. The meal was so exquisite we asked to see the chef, who came out to meet us. We told him how wonderful the meal was. It was apparent his food creations were prepared with experience and love.

1  Thank rnatterer

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

First visit - definitely not the last. Shared the baked Brie with Pistachios and Orange Blossom Honey. The wife had the catch of the day - baked cod with a lump crab meat topping with rice and carrots. I had the 9 oz Filet Mignon (cooked perfectly) with the carrots and creamy garlic mashed potatoes. We each had a glass of wine and shared a slice of Limencello cake.
$130 with tax and a 20+ % tip. We will return for other special occasions. The atmosphere was perfect - candlelight, soft music and only 4 tables of 4 in the room we were in. We have already suggested others go there to dine.

1  Thank HappyFLTravelers
Reviewed 9 August 2017

For almost eight years this New Yorker has enjoyed Chef T's while visiting family and friends in Lakeland. The residents of Polk County should consider themselves mighty lucky to have this temple of comfort food in their area. I have dined at Chef T's for a dozen times, always finding the dinners to be refined and the pace relaxing. Chef Terry Doner highlights veal, steak, fish, and pasta with its own velvety sauces. Ingredients are fresh. The menu is not extensive, but that's good. Every evening offers an appetizer and entree not on the menu. A typical pleaser is veal with cream and peas. The wine selection is ample. Service from Sam, Paul, and Brittany is attentive and formal. The location is a charming quasi-historical (Chiles family) farmhouse converted to its current use. First-time diners may find the location a bit out-of-the-way, but that wouldn't deter an adventurous gourmet, would it?

1  Thank robertomN124LH
Reviewed 10 June 2017

This was my first visit to Chef T's. I was the only one in our group of 8 that had not been here before. I was impressed by the house that was old but well kept and decorated as if it was Grandma's. The atmosphere was very relaxing, music playing that allowed conversation to be heard. I ordered the house salad that was very tasty. It had olives and roasted red peppers in addition to the lettuce , red onion. and dressing.
Others ordered the New England clam chowder, which I heard was excellent. I had the special, which was sea scallops, with sides of mashed potatoes and green beans, which I enjoyed. Scallops were cooked to perfection. Other dinners that were ordered were the grouper, lamb chops, and crab crusted cod, all were eaten with
comments such as delicious, yummy , tasty and I will try that next time.
The dessert that I had was chocolate layer cake, while served attractively, to me was a little on the dry side, which thought was shared by another that had ordered it. The flan was a big hit, as was the tiramisu. A nice bottle of chardonnay went well with the seafood dinner. Only beer and wine are served there. All in all a very pleasant evening, enjoying the meal , the ambiance and the service. I would like to add, one of the guests brought her granddaughter and Chef T made french fries especially for her, which I thought was really nice.

1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Beautiful house, great service not so great food. This place is in a really cool house that's full of history. Our waiter was great, got our food in a reasonable amount of time, it's just that the food was bland, no flair. The only thing that was ordered at our table that was good was the Crab cakes. Nice quiet place to enjoy a wonderful meal, just need to spruce up the food.

1  Thank Aquasporto123