“Great addition to downtown Lakeland”
Review of Posto 9

Posto 9
Reserve with OpenTable
Posto 9 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 451 Restaurants in Lakeland
Price range: USD 30 - USD 50
Description: A culinary destination inspired by the exciting flavors of the South and Brazil, where masterfully crafted, seasonal foods meet outstanding service.
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Finally decided to come here after hearing a lot of good things. We live in Lakeland and typically go to Tampa, St. Pete or Orlando for fine dining. It was refreshing to be able to stay in our town and have a late night dinner. We dined there Saturday, August 5 and got in around 10:30 p.m. We've been poorly received at other Lakeland restaurants where attempting to dine late but not this time. We were seated by a friendly hostess and a server came to our table almost immediately. The atmosphere was surprisingly lively with lots of tables finishing up bottles of wine after what appeared to be a great dinner. Since it was late, we only ordered drinks and appetizers. I had the caipirinha mussels and frites and my dining companion ordered the scallops gratin. Both were very good and could easily serve as entrees. We both had mojitos, which were excellent. We also ended up ordering dessert, which was banana bread pudding and it was also excellent. I had a double shot of espresso with it and it paired perfectly. The bill was expensive, nearly $100 including tip so this is not just a place you go for a typical Tuesday night dinner. However, the decor and service are quite good. In the fall, the rooftop will reopen and we plan to return to experience that part of the restaurant. In summary, I'm glad this restaurant opened in Lakeland. The only feedback I would have is that the prices are a little too high for Lakeland. For that reason, we probably won't eat here regularly--just maybe once or twice a year. Having some lower price menu options such as tapas or other options could help draw in a more budget-conscious diner. In the end, I'm glad Posto 9 is here to give us Lakelanders some options for upscale dining in our town.

1  Thank Tourist66
There are newer reviews for Posto 9

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We went to this restaurant for my mother's birthday. We had appetizers and they were very good. The service was excellent. Very disappointing entrees. We had 6 different entrees and they were all a lot to be desired. Expected a lot more flavor. Definitely not worth the price.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Was excited about eating at Posto 9 restaurant in downtown Lakeland. Was told food was excellent and knew coming in it would be expensive. We ordered fried green tomatoes, 4 @ $15. Very good. Asked for bread and one roll (no butter) was brought for two people. Ordered scallops and received three about the size of a quarter, tablespoon of papaya salad and sliver of heart of palm. Taste was excellent but wished for a little more especially for $29.00. Other entree was a chicken breast with black rice. Tasteless but more food than my order. Glad we went and now we know. Hoping it was an off night because other reviews are raving about how awesome food is. . . to us the small portion and taste was not worth $100.00. PS the sangria was great but don't order water, yuck!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We just moved to Lakeland and received a recommendation for this restaurant. Very contemporary feel. I really liked the Decor and the lobby and bar area is really swanky. wasn't overly impressed with the menu. Definitely overpriced in our opinion and we are frequent high end diners. We started with the grouper cheeks which was the best part of the meal. I had the tuna entrée that was average at best. The mashed banana that it was served with as a side dish did not work for me. It is a fine line for me between fancy food flair and over-the-top presentation. I would've much preferred mashed potato or a potato pancake over this Mashed banana side dish that looked completely unappetizing based on color and texture. We had a very expensive bill for a below average to average dining experience. If we returned it would be for the drinks only

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I would love to give Posto 9 5 stars and an awesome review, as I have been anxiously watching and waiting for the opening since it was announced. But our experience won't allow it. We made reservations for a group of 4, an employee called to confirm, and everything was set! But when we arrived, we were greeted with a sign on the front door stating they were closed for a private event, which turned out to be an impromptu staff training. I asked about our reservation and was told they decided at the last minute to do this training, however they didn't check the reservations and no calls were made to notify customers who had reservations that their plans had been changed. As I left, the owner Grace chased me outside and said she would seat us at the bar and let us keep the reservation. I declined, as spending over $100 for dinner squished into a corner of a bar while all other customers are turned away and employees are being told (loudly) how to handle difficult customers didn't sound like the best experience. There was no offer to do anything to make up for the error, only to push us into a corner and charge full price. I hope this place does well, I do. But when the initial excitement wears away, it's the attention to detail and how you treat your customers that counts, and these owners sadly don't seem to be concerned with either.

Note: this review was initially posted to Facebook, where the owners became defensive and inappropriate to myself and another reviewer before deleting their posts. Customer service is not a priority for them.

1  Thank Dee V
Marco F, Owner at Posto 9, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Ms. Vann, Your original comment was posted on Facebook on January 20th when we also replied with an explanation and apology. In these past seven months we have come a long way as we are committed to elevating your dining experience. In time, if you decide to give Posto 9 another try, we promise to make it a far better experience. Warmest regards.