All reviews movie theater great location lakeside village brass tap within walking distance shopping area restaurants and shops hotel is located polk parkway breakfast staff excellent hotel business trip great place to stay complimentary breakfast would definitely stay here again comfortable beds staff was friendly
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

11 rooms for my daughter's Wedding, Wonderful staff, EXCELLENT location - walk to ALL nearby restaurants, shops & quaint area. Brass Tap & Fish City Grill 50 steps away. Glory Days 4 min drive, 10 min walk - great for 22 ppl to watch LSU football on many screens, The staff was excellent and seemed more like a family of employees than other large chain hotels. Mary in group reservations was awesome. Definitely would stay here again because of the hotel and the location is so quaint to walk around the Roundabout with all the shops & stores, Christmas tree in the middle was just set up while we were there.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Steve C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, the staff and the location. We always strive for the perfect guest experience and I hope we delivered this to you. It is a great compliment to us that you would stay with us again if in the area. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

The moment my wife and I arrived we felt that we were special and part of the family, that was so appreciated. It was a long day and we needed a little comfort and kindness. We received it! Thank you Hampton Inn!!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive for the perfect guest experience and I hope we delivered this to you. It is a great compliment to us that you would use the word Excellence to describe us. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

I have stayed at many Hilton Hampton Inns across the United States and this was just average. First, Hilton prides itself of their comfortable beds with their brands, this is not so at this particular site. The bed was not soft, comfy and I could feel the spring coils. Now due to the fantastic location of shops, eateries, etc., this Inn did not match everything else. It may have at one time, but it needs a face lift. The staff is nice, gracious but renovations need to be done to those rooms. It is just average.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Linda R
Steve C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. We appreciate all feedback, good or bad, as we use it to improve. I’m sorry to hear that your stay was so disappointing. This is certainly not the type of experience we want any of our guests to have and certainly not the norm for us. We have listened to the feedback provided by our guests and have actually begun giving the property a face lift. We appreciate your business and hope you will give us another chance to show you our changes.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

The location to boutique shops and restaurants was five star however the hotel was less than I expected and did not match the nice area that it is was located in. My first bad experience was that I was greeted with soiled washcloths in the bathroom which I promptly moved to the hallway which stayed there to the next morning (gross!) and I was promised 20k Hilton points by the night manager that I have yet to receive. As many have mentioned the mattresses were horrible and comparable to what you would find at the a Motel 6. I have stayed at many Hampton's all over the U.S. and this did not meet typical Hilton standards in cleanliness and detail. The staff was nice but I do not understand the excellent ratings that others gave unless they were comparing it to the many flea bag hotels that are easy to find all over Florida!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank wrobin13
Steve C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

I apologize for the linen issue you encountered upon arrival to your room. This will be addressed with our housekeeping staff. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. In regards to the items left in the hallway overnight, we are not a full service hotel so in the evenings and overnight we only have our front office team on staff. Your items would not have been retrieved until our housekeeping team arrived in the AM unless the front desk was notified. I’m sorry this added to your negative impression.
The offer of 20k Honors points was submitted as promised. However the process can take up to 30 days, as relayed to you today by Hilton.
I’m sorry we failed to meet the expectations you have come to expect from Hampton. We pride ourselves on providing our guests the perfect guest experience and the positive online reputation it has created. I’m sorry we failed to deliver this to you but the mistake by one employee on one day hardly qualifies us as a flea bag hotel. I must disagree with that comment wholeheartedly.
Once again I am truly sorry you had such an unpleasant stay with us and do hope you can utilize the 20k Honors points at another Hampton hotel that will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We stay at this Hampton Inn every time we come to Lakeland. The location to the Shopping and Dining areas is great. You can walk to some great restaurants, a movie theater or nite life or just hang around the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve D
Steve C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the location. We always strive for the perfect guest experience and I hope we delivered this to you. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon.