“Potentially great but ultimately disappointing”

Nicole's Seafood & Grill
Ranked #40 of 269 Restaurants in Lake Worth
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Formerly Randy's Seafood & Grill
Greenacres, Florida
“Potentially great but ultimately disappointing”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and I stopped in for the first time on a week night. A cozy and friendly atmosphere with a friendly waitress. We decided to order from the 2 for $25 menu which offered a diverse selection. My wife asked for a mild fish and, after conferring with the kitchen, the waitress recommended the sole. I ordered the shrimp & scallops on linguine. Unfortunately, the sole must have spent too much time in the freezer and was just mushy. Both of my shrimp were tasty with a nice fresh crunch. However, both of the scallops were soggy and definitely not fresh. Yes, 2 shrimp & 2 scallops. The marinara sauce was very flavorful and well seasoned. They were not busy so we left disappointed. By the way, no credit cards.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jack B

Boston
“Wonderful meal, inexpensive price”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

If you are in the mood and you're hungry for an inexpensive meal, this is the place for you.
Nicole's provides a "Prix Fixe" menu with dozens of choices as well as daily specials for complete meals. I've never been disappointed at Nicole's.The service is quick, efficient and friendly. The chef/owner Randy often walks through the dining room and will stop and chat.
Nicole's is BYOB (there is a $ 5 corkage charge) and there is a liquor store next door with a cooler of wines and beers.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank vietvet
Florida
“A Gem In Lake Worth!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband and I have been dining at this restaurant since it opened. Originally, it was Randy's, who is the owner and chef. Nicole is his daughter's name. The fish dishes are outstanding. The service - the best. Friendly atmosphere, immaculate, and so many choices on the menu! Randy is always friendly and makes you feel as if you were dining in his "home." I had the broiled sole - my husband had the trout. Absolutely delicious! Generous portions - soups are home made - warm bread out of the oven - and this month's special dessert - apple cobbler a la mode was outstanding!

• Visited August 2013
Lake Worth, Florida
“Value”
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Exceptional value - this day for $11.95 = loaf of warm bread to start, soup or salad, numerous entree selection, desert and beverage. Warm and cozy. BYOB $5.00 corking charge. One of the best deals in town. Looking forward to many return trips. No website available so it's by word of mouth.

• Visited June 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Horrible food, disgusting Owner!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

What a horrible experience! The clam chowder was clumpy & cold, had the taste of corn startch, took one small taste & decided it wasnt worth it. I ordered the smaller lobster dinner, the rice pilaf had been sitting under a heat lamp for about 2 days, it was fried around the sides. The lobster had the consistency of chewing gum, I broke open the claw & the lobster apparently was overcooked, the skin was bubbled! I politely asked the waitress if my meal could be taken off the bill since I was dissastisfied and hadnt eaten. I was promptly told, No. I asked to speak with the owner, who came over, very aggressively & began to, literally, laugh in my face, calling me, a liar, that I had eaten the food, not true, I tasted it, thats how I knew it was awful! I tried speaking to him calmly, he raised his voice to me & my 90 year old grandmother, disrespecting her! He acted so inappropriately, we were embarrassed. We paid, left a 20% tip, on the way out, I see the cook/manager/owner sitting in his office, feet kicked up on his desk, drinking a beer, he saw me, made a nasty face & started laughing again, he couldnt care less how he treats his patrons. Most of the customers were retired/eldery, save your money! Dont be ripped off on your next meal by a bully who serves you inedible food & forces you to pay for it by intimadating you. He takes advantage of his target customers...he's a thief!

• Visited June 2013