“Not good customer service”

Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee
Ranked #97 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Not good customer service”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a problem with the Internet which is the only reason we get a hotel and they didn't do anything to fix the problem or accomendate our stay. Will not be staying here again!

• Stayed February 2012
ManagerBaymont, Owner at Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Hello Tubb, I do remember you. WE had a technician spend two hours with you trying to sort your internet problems. Everyone else was able to connect except for you, all the more remarkable, now that we have upgraded to fiber optics. The problem was your end. Your gaming machine would not connect. Funny, you complained as your girlfriend was happily connected.

Please try to be truthful next time.

Thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Mountain Dale, New York
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We arrived to early and of course our room was not ready even though I offered to pay for the day extra still couldn't get the room opened for us. The shower caused a leak over the vanity area which dripped down the mirror daily. Complaints to the front desk were met with ..."ok we'll let maintaince know"... well either they could not fix it or something because it continued for the 5 days we were there.
Furniture is cheap and falling apart - we coudn't even open all the drawers properly in the dresser. They have a tiny kitchenette with cabinets but no cups or plates or flatware so I'm sure a few necessities would have been helpful.
The biggest dispointment was the lack of a restaurant on premises. And the pool was not heated. The price reflects the quality. I'd recommend it if these things did not bother you for 47. bucks a night I got what I paid for and an ounce more.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This is a good low cost choice for a hotel close to DisneyWorld. We stayed 4 days and including taxes it was under $200. Given this price point the size and quality of the rooms was good, they are a bit dated and the beds are not the same comfort as you'd get at a Hampton Inn or similar but they were fine and clean. The only slip up was the maid replaced the coffee filter I used, but didn't clean up the old cups, or throw away the coffer left in the jug. Breakfast is continental meaning no eggs or meat but a selection of cereals, breads and a hot waffel machine. I found the front desk staff very pleasant and helpful with information on the local area. The hotel has a small outdoor swimming pool this isn't heated. There is walmart half a mile away with a nice food section, now that Disney allows you to take food in it was a good location to get food for the day.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Challenger07
ManagerBaymont, Owner at Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
We aim to provide the best value of all. So if you want graet value come and stay with us at the Baymont Kissimmee!!!
Washington Township, Ohio
Reviewed 11 February 2012

This is a two star $ rated economical hotel ie not a 5 star high class hotel. With that said, I rated this hotel 5 stars within the $ economical hotel class. I found this hotel much cleaner and better maintained then the majority of 2 star $ cost rated hotels that my wife and I generally stay in.

We found the staff very friendly and helpful. The desk staff even looked up the GPS coordinates to plug into a GPS for a couple from Spain.

In researching this hotel, I thought a number of complaints were not justified, ie. they were expecting a 4 or 5 star class hotel for a two star class cost.

I had the pleasure of talking with the Operations Director, Kamal Faizi who is personable and pleasant to talk with. I agree with him that his hotel evidently gets confused with the Baymont in the same area, the "Celebration area" near Rt 192 and I-4.

The internet Wireless was very good, the room included a free use room safe. The breakfast provided is not top of the line, but is much better then what I serve myself at home.

We heard some light street and neighboring room noise, much less then other 2 star $ rated hotels.

I will be keeping a record of this hotel for the next time we come to Orlando to get Mickey's autograph :-).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RickBB_12
I found it a pleasure talking to you as well and would welcome you back anytime. We try and offer a really good service for a very reasonable price. I would love to charge $300 a night a give you a "ritz" style service but I know, most of my guests like the savings they make here and accept that for the price we are best in class. Thanks again and see you soon.
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We've stayed here at the Baymont three times. All have been for short 1-2 night visits. There is one thing that about this place that is undeniable....Location, Location...Location. It's about 1 mile from World Drive. If you're not familiar with the area, World Drive is the highway that leads into Disney World. I've been from the hotel to the parking lot in 5 minutes flat.

So, location is definetly the number one perk. The second would definitely have to the be overall value of the hotel. I've always gotten really good rates (really low - under $50 sometimes). The hotel shows some age and the breakfast quite frankly sucks. Let me also add that I think most free breakfasts suck. You're better off going to the Denny's next door for breakfast. You'll enjoy your stay much more if you just skip it. I honestly don't mean that to pick on the Baymont...this is my opinion of almost 100% of the places that offer "free" breakfasts.

The building / property is older, as are all hotels in that area. It is however pretty well maintained. The insides of the rooms were refurbished within the last 5 years. Generally, the place is very clean both inside the rooms and on the grounds.

The staff has always been nice to us. We rarely check in at peak times...usually in the evening. Every time we've been there someone has promptly greeted us and the service was good.

My only complaint is that I noticed on the other night that there was not a blanket in the room. Perhaps it was a fluke, but maybe they don't have them?

In a nutshell, I'd give it 4 stars for location and keeping in mind it's a 3 star for the price of a 2 star. Keep your expectations realistic and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Ask for the "Kid Kondo" - it has bunk beds & a TV in an alcove for the kids. Worth a...