“Only if you have to”
Review of Super 8 Kissimmee

Super 8 Kissimmee
Ranked #99 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 23 October 2016

It was like somebody got a loan to buy a motel and only had enough money to do the minimum.

Booked this location online because it was near to Kissimmee airport where I was attending an aviation training seminar. I had a senior moment when I looked at the date and arrived a day early. First impression was a dark lobby with desk clerks who acted like I was invisible and chatted on in Spanish. Finally I was looked at and said my name and handed over a paper receipt with my registration number. The young lady appeared confused and an older guy also speaking Spanish--to whom I was also invisible--looked in their system (on a Windows XP computer) and said this is tomorrow! My bad, a senior moment where in almost every hotel I've stayed at would have been a good-natured laugh.

Having already demonstrated a lack of customer service skill, lack of knowledge of their reservation system, by not offering a room they also proved a lack of sales training! No problem, maybe they were fulling booked at 3:45 PM on a Thursday?

I live only 50 miles away so I went home and returned on Friday as scheduled. This time only one clerk on the desk recognized me with a sort of smile. She told me they had a $7 surcharge had me sign two copies and kept both.

I was assigned to nearly the last room on the deserted farthest wing, assuming only one occupant at 4:30 PM. First impression was I hope my car isn't broken into, second was the weeds along the walkway, third was the uneveven fitting door with the peeling paint. Inside it was worse, only one of the lamps between beds had a lampshade, but there was a lamp inexplicably behind the TV with the grainy picture. The bedspread had two cigarette burns and the room smelled musty. Without going into the entire inventory of poor, as a long time business traveler this was the first time a motel had ONE thin bath towel.

After the entire bad experience I opted to spend fifteen dollars for breakfast at he I-Hop next door instead of risking the free breakfast.

Can't believe Windham Rewards could have any association with this dump! I didn't give it a one only because I saw a place in Georgetown, Guyana that had rooms for $2.00 a night and imagine it worse.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 October 2016

We checked into hotel. The front desk people were rude. Was told we had to pay extra for pillows. 1 pillow per person only. Or pay $7 per pillow. We booked a room for 4 people was only given 1 towel. When asked for more they didn't want to give us any more.. was told other people have stolen from them. That's why they only put small amount in rooms. That's why they charge extra. Not acceptable. We couldn't hardly open door.. it was stinky. We were told we paid for a smoking room due to the cheap priced we paid... it caused my ashtma to act up. If I was able to leave and pay for another hotel I would have. Sleeping in my car would have been better.. they are rude. NEVER NEVER AGAIN WILL I GO THERE.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family