It was like somebody got a loan to buy a motel and only had enough money to do the minimum.
Booked this location online because it was near to Kissimmee airport where I was attending an aviation training seminar. I had a senior moment when I looked at the date and arrived a day early. First impression was a dark lobby with desk clerks who acted like I was invisible and chatted on in Spanish. Finally I was looked at and said my name and handed over a paper receipt with my registration number. The young lady appeared confused and an older guy also speaking Spanish--to whom I was also invisible--looked in their system (on a Windows XP computer) and said this is tomorrow! My bad, a senior moment where in almost every hotel I've stayed at would have been a good-natured laugh.
Having already demonstrated a lack of customer service skill, lack of knowledge of their reservation system, by not offering a room they also proved a lack of sales training! No problem, maybe they were fulling booked at 3:45 PM on a Thursday?
I live only 50 miles away so I went home and returned on Friday as scheduled. This time only one clerk on the desk recognized me with a sort of smile. She told me they had a $7 surcharge had me sign two copies and kept both.
I was assigned to nearly the last room on the deserted farthest wing, assuming only one occupant at 4:30 PM. First impression was I hope my car isn't broken into, second was the weeds along the walkway, third was the uneveven fitting door with the peeling paint. Inside it was worse, only one of the lamps between beds had a lampshade, but there was a lamp inexplicably behind the TV with the grainy picture. The bedspread had two cigarette burns and the room smelled musty. Without going into the entire inventory of poor, as a long time business traveler this was the first time a motel had ONE thin bath towel.
After the entire bad experience I opted to spend fifteen dollars for breakfast at he I-Hop next door instead of risking the free breakfast.
Can't believe Windham Rewards could have any association with this dump! I didn't give it a one only because I saw a place in Georgetown, Guyana that had rooms for $2.00 a night and imagine it worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Super 8 Kissimmee Suites is located in the heart of Kissimmee and minutes away from world famous attractions like Disney World, Universal Studios and Sea World. Our family friendly hotel features two-bedroom apartment suites with fully equipped kitchens, spacious living rooms and two private bedrooms. Each apartment suite can accommodate up to 6 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Kissimmee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Kissimmee Hotel Kissimmee
- Super 8 Hotel Kissimmee
- Super Eight Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Super 8
- Kissimmee Super Eight
- Super 8 Kissimmee Florida