Ourself and another couple have booked through hotwire on many occasions and have yet to be disappointed. We make sure we do our research of the hotels in the star rating category and when we feel comfortable we will get what we are looking for and to the quality that meets our standards we book. Westgate on hotwire claims to be in a 3.5* class which would be in the same class as Crown Plaza, Marriott,Hilton .....
Check in wasn't until 4 pm. which was the first downfall. We had to go around all day waiting until we could check in. when we did...well....that's a story to be told.
To start, we had to pay a $20 "resort fee" per room. We didn't want a resort. We wanted a hotel. Not to mention in Orlando it was -1 degrees celcius. We couldn't use the pool if we wanted, we would have frooze! (weather is not the fault of Westgate :) )
The grouds were nice, that was it.
It was NOWHERE in comparassion to the other hotels in it's class. When we arrived we got to our room it smelt HORRIBLY musty, the room was very small, outdated with mirrors on the wall above the beds, what looked like mold around the air vent, food crusted on the back on the chair at the desk... Just not at all a good first impression. We had expected SO MUCH MORE. We called the front desk to asked to be moved to a different location and to ask if all rooms were like this. They said their rooms varied. SO, basically their star class is an AVERAGE. There rooms are something like a 2* to a 4.5* This to me is SO deceiving. To their defence it is Equally the fault of theirs and hotwire. So, after an elapsed 2 hours trying to get in contact with management, after numerous phone calls, being put on hold, being called back. We were moved to a bigger room, AT OUR EXPENSE, when all it gave us was a bigger living room, which we didnt want, but we got rid of most of the musty smell. It still had the same ugly outdated bedroom.
The bellboys were friendly, and felt bad that we had to move around and were disappointed, however, I would not stay there again. Nor would I book on hotwire if they are in the catagory that I'm looking at for fear of having this experience again.
When I made my complaints known to the manager about my disappointment with my room he basically said " well you booked on hotwire for a minimal cost...." as in you get what you pay for... But those old musty outdated rooms are giving your hotel name a bad rep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Vacation Villas provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home along with an ideal location just 1 mile from the main entrance to Walt Disney World® Resort and minutes from other Orlando area attractions, family-friendly restaurants and shopping opportunities. The perfect choice for you next Central Florida vacation, Westgate Vacation Villas features accommodation choices ranging from cozy studios to oversized Two-Bedroom Villas with Lofts and a variety of onsite amenities such as 14 heated outdoor pools and the award-winning Drafts Sports Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Vacation Villas Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Villas
- Vacation Westgate
- Westgate Resort Kissimmee Fl
- Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa Kissimmee, Florida