Sorry about this being a late review, I have been waiting for a positive response from orlando4Villas, who state they are registered in the UK, but immediately defer to US Law when a problem occurs. Below is a letter written on day 3 of our stay at this property. Neither Mr Evans or Orlando4Villas have provided satisfactory compensation.
Would just like to reiterate, our contract is with your company, and we should not have to contact anyone else unless we encounter a maintenance issue/ fault during our stay. When arriving at a villa, it should be as described on your website, and everything listed should be in a fit state to use. We should not be party to any dispute that either your company or the management company are having with the owner.
John has visited, which is appreciated, and provided towels, tea towels and worked on the TV’s and phone with some success, as of this morning the phone still does not work.
The following items are still not working properly,
• Only 1 ring works on the cooker
• The Microwave has a broken door casing and handle (Can you guarantee that no radiation is leaking)
• The fridge leaks water, and the ice maker does not operate
• The cover for the electric sockets in the pool area is insecure ( Dangerous)
• A seat on the settee is unusable and dangerous
• Some of the bed linen is badly stained and not fit for purpose, en suite downstairs bed spread was filthy and unusable
• There are no bath mats ( A slip hazard, water on tiled floors)
• Coffee machine is filthy/broken and is unusable
• The en suite bedroom downstairs has been smoked in and smelt of cigarette/cigar smoke
• Phone does not function (Still being worked on by John)
We have been renting properties in and around Orlando since 2002 and have never until this visit had an issue that has had to be reported.
When booking a holiday on line it is reasonable to expect that the property booked represents what has been stated on the website, this property is described on your website as having,
• Internet access (It should be working on arrival, and not need an hour of work to make it do so)
• TV in every room (They should all work and not require to be retuned/adjusted)
• Fridge/Freezer, (It should be fit for purpose)
• Microwave(It should be fit for purpose)
• Cooker (It should be fit for purpose)
• Electrical Appliances (It should be fit for purpose)
• Towels/Bed Linen (There should be enough provided to cater for the number of guests, and should be clean and not damp/wet)
• Furniture (It should be fit for purpose)
• Cleanliness. (Should be presented, clean and looking as if the property has been cared for)
We would appreciate your thoughts on all of the above points and what is your intention with regards to a solution, as what has been found here does not represent value for the amount of money being charged.
Our stance is that we should be moved to a similar property here in a condition as per contract on this same resort. It is not unreasonable that this is our stance as we have already experienced 4 days of our holiday in this property and it is not acceptable to expect us to remain here whilst ad hoc repairs and replacements are provided.
We would also like to confirm again that our contract is with your company and would expect everything to be resolved, without us being involved in any further communication between your company, the management agent (Who has been good) and the property owner.