Enjoyed our 3 bedroom, 5th floor condo, March 10 - 17th. Very spacious, comfortable and clean. Beds were great (not hard like some reviews would lead you to believe). The resort was very quiet and relaxing, however we found there was little to do. Although we enjoyed a few trips to the pool, it was not very big considering the number of buildings here. The resort would benefit from a tennis court, or basketball court, or shuffleboard area, or even a mini put area. Pool surroundings were very basic, although the "infinity" effect of the end of the pool was nice. The clubhouse has a dvd lending machine, which is free once you pay the daily resort fee (about $6 per day). This includes free phone calls within the U.S. A cleaning fee of $65 is charged to cover the costs of cleaning your room after you check out. You are responsible for making your own beds, washing your dishes, washing your towels (if you need to do so during your stay). Laundry soap and dish soap are best purchased at the local WalMart or Publix, located a few minutes away (quite costly at the resort office). The kitchen is well equipped, although we did not have a frying pan, so cooking an omelette was a bit of a challenge. We did enjoy sitting on the screened in balcony, where we watched the fireworks display at Disney each evening. Free Wi-Fi is available in the clubhouse, but not in the rooms. They were installing Wi-Fi capability in the rooms during our stay, but it was not available when we were there. Be prepared to do a lot of driving when you're here as the resort is off the highway and away from stores and restaurants. However, a quick drive gets you onto 192 or highway 27, where you'll find a Walmart (great for groceries, wine and beer), Target, Publix, Walgreens, etc. Further up hwy 27 is a citrus farm, where you can pick your own oranges. A customized school bus with big mag tires takes you around the grove and through a bog area. If you're busy all day at theme parks and just want to come back to your resort for a drink and a swim, then this is the place for you. The staff is very friendly and the woman selling theme park tickets in the clubhouse was very helpful and took plenty of time to answer all of our questions. One note of concern however: a security guard does NOT man the front gate. As a vehicle approaches, the arm of the gate simply lifts, and you can drive right in to the resort. Other resorts are very strict, and a non-resident cannot enter. However, we did enjoy our stay at the Caribe Cove, but I think next time we'll try another resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amongst beautifully landscaped grounds, just off 192, Caribe Cove Resort offers 2 and 3 bedroom condos in elevator buildings. With private screened patios, enjoy dinner outside enjoying the Florida sunshine or kick back in your living room and catch a complimentary movie from the DVD service in the lobby. Around the resort, relax by the infinity pool or take a soak in the hot tub. If being active is more your speed, enjoy our 24-hour fitness center or a game of basketball or billiards. Our front desk is staffed 24-hours for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Caribe Cove Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Cove Resort Orlando Hotel Kissimmee
- Caribe Cove Hotel Orlando
- Caribe Cove Kissimmee
- Caribe Cove Resort Orlando Kissimmee, Florida