“Great Accomodations, other area's lack”

Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
Ranked #15 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed at this property from 2/23/12 - 2/27/12 in 4-304. I loved the 3 bedroom suite. It was clean and comfortable. However they advertise free wifi but it's only available in the lobby. There is an Ethernet cable in the room but it only works part of the time. This place is more like renting a condo there is no maid service. However you do have to pay for a Maid to come clean the room after you leave. On the day of check out I left my video camera in the master bedroom in a drawer with the charger. I called as I was on my way home and asked them to check the room. I was told "lost and found" was gone for the day and to leave a message and they would call me back. I did that and did not hear from anyone until I called the following Friday. When I spoke to the woman in lost and found she stated there was no camera turned in. I said to her maybe they did check the drawer like I asked. She said that they have to check every drawer and than an inspector will go through and check every drawer after the cleaning crew. She stated she would check with the inspector and cleaning crew and get back to me. About 4 hours later she called me back and said neither the inspector or cleaning crew saw a camera. So I said either you think I'm lying to you or You have a thief working for you and if they didn’t take it than they didn’t do their job and check all the drawers. I asked her if the room had been rented since my departure which she said it was and there is nothing more she could do. I then proceeded to try and get a hold of a Property Manager or GM , they don’t have either just a director of maintenance. Which I have called 3 times always got the voicemail and only one return call which I missed and called back immediately, with no response. It has now been almost a month and I have yet to speak to anyone from this property. This is not how someone should do business! Also the washer in the room is broken and ruined a large load of my clothes. It stayed on agitating my clothes the entire day we were gone. All and all if the camera incident wouldn’t have happened I would have probably stayed there again. I know it’s my fault for leaving the camera but someone should have called me back by now! I don’t like the fact you cannot get a hold of anyone at the hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank flutterby238
Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed (4 adults and 4 children) at the resort in March for 6 nights and had the 3 bedroom apartment booked

First of all, I would like to say that the hotel itself was very clean and well presented, and the front desk staff were very friendly and professional.

The apartments was exactly like the pictures, the kitchen was well equipped and clean.

The only reason we did not give this resort a five rating because the mattresses were very bad - not comfortable at all. One of the twin beds made a very loud noise

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mag5605
Reviewed 13 March 2012

THis resort was amazing. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help. Beds were comfy, and value was great. only 10 mins from disney and what a great deal!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank bayouchica11
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed at Caribe Cove for 8 nights in February and we were very pleased with the resort. We booked a 2 bedroom villa and they upgraded us to a three. The villa we had was very clean (carpet was soiled in a few places but nothing too bad). Bathrooms immaculate. Two of the three bedrooms had screened porches (one had table and chairs for 4). Nice for sitting out at night to have a drink.

The location is sort of away from most things off Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway 192 but we liked that because it gives you less traffic noise. Target, Walmart, Publix, etc. all very close (within 3-4 minute drive) for picking up groceries or items you might need.

I am not sure why there are many reviews on here about how uncomfortable the beds are because we did not experience that at all. We had comfort!!

The pool area is small but lovely. We enjoyed it.

The only negative comment we would make is the wifi is not great. They should have it available in the villas instead of only in the main clubhouse lobby. It doesn't work even outside the clubhouse door by the pool.

We would definitely book Caribe Cove again and likely will for our next Florida vacation. We are very picky when it comes to accomodations and I can assure you for the money, this place is a steal.

Room Tip: Get a villa in building 1 or 2 as they are closest to the pool and clubhouse. Otherwise it will be a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SunshineEastCoast
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Excellent value, very clean and spacious - everything we needed, only had to buy our own
food (many stores nearby). Staff was especially friendly and helpful, printed directions to get
around. Would definitely return, the extra fees are worth it and we were aware via internet.
Very nice pool with plenty of room, the resort is one big bargain.

Room Tip: We were on 1st floor near main office, it was great for a handicapped person.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple