This place was amazing--especially for the price! As soon as I opened the door to the "villa", I knew that all the great reviews for this place were not unfounded. It completely felt like a very clean, spacious 2-bedroom apartment (which is why I put "villa" in quotations--it's really just a nice apartment, but I guess that's what a small villa is anyway).
Most noteworthy is that the villas are nearly fully stocked--you get your basics such as soap, shampoo/conditioner, towels, beach towels, iron, hair dryer, and you also get a fully stocked kitchen with plates, glasses, silverware, microwave, coffee-maker, full-size fridge, toaster, pots/pans, and a washer/dryer! So this place is *clearly* bank for families looking to save money on things like eating out. They do not have extra luxuries like toothpaste, disposable toothbrushes, razors, shaving cream, etc., but that's just something useful to know in advance, not something you actually need them to provide. Also, there's a Target just a mile away, so you can easily pick up other extra amenities like dishwashing soap (which they provide a very small packet of), extra coffee/tea (they provide a small hotel-sized pack of these things with the coffee maker, but not a large amount).
Anyway, since lots of people have already commented on other awesome specifics of this place, I just want to throw a couple of the negative things about this place out there because I didn't realize their significance earlier. First, know that they charge you a one-time $65 cleaning fee at the end of your stay (in addition to the $5.95+tax nightly resort fee), which is a significant charge and should really be advertised up front in the cost of the place (I didn't know about it until after I had made the non-refundable booking, but this place was still more cost-effective than all the other places we were looking at for a party of 5 people, so I didn't throw a fit about it). Obviously then, if you are thinking about reserving for a few nights versus longer, choose the longer stay so that you can maximize this charge; they do not however clean your place on a daily basis, so whatever mess you make is yours to live in for the duration of the rental!
Second, lots of other people have said this, but I have to say this again because it is so significant--the beds suck. Everyone in my group was shocked that everything looks so great from the outside and they clearly invested a lot in decorations, etc., but they couldn't invest in good mattresses? (which is actually one of the most important things on a trip--a comfortable bed for a good night's rest after a busy day). Anyway, we all woke up with back-aches in the morning. Luckily, the location is very quiet and you can adjust they temperature in the apartments, so those other types of things that contribute to quality of sleep were very much intact.
Lastly, Wi-Fi is free in the reception area, but you have to use ethernet in your room. If you want to use their computer in the lobby, you have to pay for it (which I thought was weird). The staff wasn't really that friendly, but they answered whatever questions you had in a succinct manner.
Yes, parking is very much free. They offer tea and coffee for free in the lobby.
Overall, despite the few negative things, the cost-effectiveness of this place won out hands down and I would definitely go back and stay here again. There's no doubt you get your money's worth, and the accommodations are indeed very nice and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amongst beautifully landscaped grounds, just off 192, Caribe Cove Resort offers 2 and 3 bedroom condos in elevator buildings. With private screened patios, enjoy dinner outside enjoying the Florida sunshine or kick back in your living room and catch a complimentary movie from the DVD service in the lobby. Around the resort, relax by the infinity pool or take a soak in the hot tub. If being active is more your speed, enjoy our 24-hour fitness center or a game of basketball or billiards. Our front desk is staffed 24-hours for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Hotels.com so you can book your Caribe Cove Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Cove Resort Orlando Hotel Kissimmee
- Caribe Cove Hotel Orlando
- Caribe Cove Kissimmee
- Caribe Cove Resort Orlando Kissimmee, Florida