This trip was great. The house was great and me and my group loved the spacious home. We also enjoyed the pool and loved that everything that we could need was already provided.
I would recommend this place to anyone.
The only thing I disliked was I emailed the owner to ask when checkout was and he said 11a.m. but someone showed up at 9:40a.m. saying checkout time was 10 a.m. which stopped our plans for once more swim.
My boyfriend, my kids and a friend of mine stayed here this past week for a few days. The house was just like the pictures, if not more beautiful. Had ample linen and towels. Was close to everything. Would stay here again! Thank you Alan for allowing us your perfect home.
WE LOVED THIS VILLA!!
Palm Villa is the best! What a wonderful place, the best Floridian Villa we have ever stayed in! Really close to all the attractions, it was great to spend days at the parks and return in the evening to swim in the beautiful, floodlit pool. The main living area has the feel of acres of space, everything was spotlessly clean, the beds were really comfortable, we really couldn’t fault it!
When we arrived, the gardeners were even landscaping the front garden, looks gorgeous!
Can’t wait to come back, we will definitely be booking Palm Villa again on our next visit to Florida!!
I stayed here for a week in the beginning of May with a large party. Overall I think the villa is a great value, but there are a few minor items I would like to mention. So... Here we go:
- Villa is pretty much as advertised. No unexpected surprises.
- Place was definitely clean which is of high importance to me.
- The pool is beautiful and clean.
- I think the price of the villa is very good.
- Location is excellent (close to Disney, restaurants, Super Target, etc. It takes about 15 minutes to drive from the Villa to any Disney parking lot. Of course you'll have to deal with the internal Disney transportation afterwards...)
- The owner (Alan) responses quickly and he's very friendly.
Negatives (or: room for improvement) in random order:
- I read in one of the earlier comments that Alan renewed the bedding but the sheets and mattresses are really bad (borderline terrible), and the bedding is probably the cheapest available. A big one for our party.
- My wife commented that there was hardly any toilet paper or dishwasher tablets available. Not sure if that's normal, but it would be a nice touch since we had to run out to Super Target to get this.
- There is a beautiful 50" HD LCD flat screen television in the living room, but the cable box is connected using SD Coax! I would recommend to spend $10 on a HDMI cable and upgrade the cable box to HD. Shouldn't be a expensive but it will tremendously improve the television experience.
- Confusing and sometimes threatening sounding warnings on using the cooling system. It was set to 75 degrees (which is way too warm), and we felt uncertain if we could change it.
- Loved the pool, but a baby/child gate would be appreciated.
- Internet: yes, there is free WiFi but it's spotty. The connection drops intermittently making streaming impossible. (the WiFi password is at the bottom of the internet cable modem, Alan's password provided by email is probably outdated)
- The size of the villa is confusing. I counted 3 BRs upstairs, 1 master BRs downstairs which sleeps a total of 8. Then there's a pullout downstairs bringing the total to 10 people although a pullout is less than ideal. So I'm not sure how you can sleep 12. Did we miss a room? :) Personally I would convert the room where the pull-out is to a full bedroom.
Anyway, I don't want the negatives to outshine the positives. This villa is a great value and hopefully Alan will take note of my comments. To conclude, I'll definitely consider the villa next time when we go back to Orlando.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Large groups|
We booked this villa because it could accommodate two families easily. We were party of 11, age ranging from 8 to 54. I loved this place because it was so close to Disney World Theme Parks. We could visit the park 2 times a day and hit no traffic. Kids loved the pool, it was all cleaned up like everything else in the house. My mother who loves to cook, liked that she could cook in the kitchen. Overall, we all loved staying at this place and will definitely book it again.