“It pains me to give it less than 5 stars...”
Review of Chuy’s

Chuy’s
Ranked #12 of 889 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2018

So we are from the Tex-Mex capital...San Antonio. Chuy's has become our 'place' to get good tex-mex food. In all sincerity, there is NOTHING at this restaurant that is bad. The chips and salsa are awesome; the chalupas with pulled chicken are great; the tortilla soup rocks...I could go on and on. The rating above is NOT about the food....it's about THIS particular location.
It's so loud...it's louder than WDW on it's most crowded day in the most crowded spot. It's so loud that people literally yell to hear each other talking!!!
Our server, Denise...let's just say that while she brought us everything we were able to ask for....there was definitely no 'warmth' in her demeanor. I mean, I really don't think she cared that we were there. We saw her when we were sat, when she took our order and when she brought us our check....oh and when she brought the check. When she showed up to bring us the check, having not seen her for over 20 minutes, we had to ask for drink refills. So I guess that means we saw her a total of four times. She gave us NO opportunity to tell her that we wanted a margarita, we wanted more salsa or that the tortilla that came with an order of tortilla soup was burned and looked as though half had been ripped off, eaten and then wrapped back up. Yes....it really looked as though someone had partially eaten the burned tortilla and then wrapped it up and placed it on the plate! (And in case you were wondering, no Denise did not give us an opportunity to ask for a different tortilla).
Again, it PAINS me to say any of this because we LOVE Chuy's. We have their t-shirts and wear them with pride. I guess you just need to make sure you don't have Denise as your server and that you ask for a quiet spot!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,225)

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

The food and service was good. It is well decorated in a fun manner. But it is a bit cramped and very crowded (on a Tuesday).

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Chuy's is pretty good Tex-Mex/Mexican food. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The portions were huge and we all made good fun of my father-in-law when the brought out his Elvis platter. I'm not a huge fan of their chunky salsa, but it had a good enough flavor. I just prefer salsa to be not as chunky. We all liked the jalapeno cream dipping sauce, whatever they call it. Ordering can be a bit overwhelming with all the different sauce choices. We stayed away from the hotter ones and did fine. The waiter was really good and came back several times to make sure we were doing OK. We enjoyed the hubcap ceiling in the room we sat in because we like cars. They also had the tail of a Cadillac in the bar area. They sell funny pop culture themed T-shirts with a Chuy's twist at the front. They are pretty funny, but we didn't buy any of them.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

When is the last time you had "Free Food"? This is the place, go to the Bar between 4:00 and 6:00 P.M. and while you are drinking at the bar waiting for your table, enjoy the "Free Taco fixin's ".Food is great and if you take a picture of your Dog there, in a frame , they will give you a free App.!! Once you get past that, get ready to enjoy a great meal and an even better Price! Go there, you will love it, Portions are big, prices are small!!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Our lunch at Chuy's was fun and tasty. The restaurant is themed, and offers guests a free appetiser if they bring a framed photo of their dog - hence the walls are decorated with photos of people's pooches.

The menu includes a range of Mexican options, and they are happy to vary offerings to provide for different tastes; vegetarian options are available. I opted for the Lite Plate ($7.88) - as anticipated a small serving including salad. It was fresh and delicious.

My only misgiving was that I wasn't particularly hungry so didn't eat a larger meal.

Staff were friendly and welcoming, meals were served quickly.

I'd definitely return.