All reviewsold townfull kitchenwasher and dryerliving roomhighly recommend this propertybottom floordisney parksstaff was very friendly and helpfulnice sizenice pool areaclose proximityorlando areacheck in was easypool and hot tubking bedtime sharecondo
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Absolutely pleased with my stay! Clean, spacious, beautifully-decorated rooms that are only a few minutes from Disney! I could not believe how nice the place was for the rate I received. The staff was very friendly, too! And they told me they are working on getting wifi up.

I will be staying here everytime I visit Orlando!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Huge, clean rooms at a third the price of Disney resorts. Great kitchen facilities. Nice decor. Only 10 mins from Disney. This was almost perfect. Unfortunately, not quite.

First up, check-in wasn't exactly service with a smile. The man behind the desk didn't utter a word, and the girl was as brief with the pleasantries as she could have been. When querying the state of our room over the intercom, the cleaner used the word 'dirty' - not exactly an inspiring start! Fortunately we were assigned to another room.

Secondly - No Wi-Fi in the room. Like, at all. Not even an option. Want Internet? Sit in the lobby and pay $8/day. This SUCKS and is a huge deal breaker in 2012, when we rely on Internet for everything. No thanks. I wound up in Starbucks 1 min down the road and spent that same $8 on coffee and cake, with free Internet to boot. If I'd have realized there was no net, I wouldn't have booked.

Finally, the penny pinching attitude of management was a real turn off. Want a late check out? The fee is $50 per HALF HOUR (nearly as much as per night!). Fail to return that little 10 cent piece of plastic key that other hotels let you keep as a souvenir? No problem - just pay the $25 replacement fee. Of course, you get 2 keys upon check-in, so enjoy your $50 gift! Smuggled your cat in the room? $200 fine.

All this and more could be found in the 'guest directory' which read more like a rule book of reasons to sting you at every opportunity vs. a handy start to your vacation.

Anyway, for $75/night (we thankfully avoided such heinous crimes such as misplacing our room keys), the suite was very clean, spacious and very well located. The lack of Internet means I probably won't revisit given how integral it is to our vacation planning and staying in touch, but it was a nice enough stay all the same.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank SpringsteenFan99
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Pros: This is like staying in a condo without the extravagant resort fees. Freshly baked cookies in the evenings. Staff are all EXCELLENT. Nice quiet woodsy area to view from your private screened-in balcony. Pool area is very nice and has BBQ grills. Big bedrooms and bathrooms, nice full kitchen.
Cons: (And this can be a big con) It is located right across from Old Town. On the weekends especially, it is extremely loud there and you can hear the screams, the noises of the car show, and the people inside your room with all the tv's on! Even when we stayed in the most quiet area of the resort (not the 6th floor), it was still very loud until about 1 am! Also, there are lots of people walking all around outside because Old Town is literally right across the 2-lane street. There is a guard gate and a fence, however, to keep all the visitors to Old Town out of the resort's parking lots!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank travelernot
Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

Located RIGHT next to old town, the only thing that you should know Is that the party in old town goes till eleven, but after a day at the parks, it's a non issue. Staff was great, and I go to Orlando A LOT, and have stayed across a wide spectrum of resorts. As far as value for the money, when my wife said " we found our new spot" I knew I would be impressed. Room had a full kitchen, living room, huge bathroom, bedroom, screened in patio, and was SPOTLESS! Was easily 800 square feet. This is the kind of place you stay for a week as a family of four and "function." Pools, playground, even deer grazing out back at night:) I will happily return. Skip the"value" and timeshare "resorts" this place is the real value for the money. Room like this would easily cost double in another town.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank jdhmason
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Grounds were spotless. Room was spacious & cozy. Playground was fun for my son. Old Town is right across the street. Fantastic place to stay. I would recommend it to all. Everyone was extremely friendly & helpful. The pool area was very nice but it was a little too cool for swimming.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family